1.3 beta Build 1150 -- September 4th, 2000
- Idea, programming, screenshots and original database
|Martin and Oliver:||
- Assistance with screenshots
- Database enhancements:
- Game entries of Blast collection
#301-340 plus correcting and adding of information about
missing games (NOTE: about 200 games between #1
and #300 were missing before!)
- Changes from Original Database to Build 1000:
- Changes List for Build 1150:
This is me, Andreas, speaking to you, and I'm happy to present
you the result of my hard work from November 10th, 1999 to the
present day! FINALLY *sigh*! Yup, now it's almost a year since I
first started to work on this!
Now there's around 550 (+ 80 since last build) new screenshots for your Gamebase 64. Lots of them were revised and created afresh.
Since there are MAJOR differences between the database originally distributed and mine, I'm going to give you a small overview what has changed, especially in the Genres section.
The reason why I changed it is mostly because of YOU. :-)
Well, a lot of people don't just request a game on the internet forums, but can only indistinctly remember 'ummm ... errm ... well I think it was a helicopter flying in the air and rescuing people from a dark place', trying hard to retrieve the game's name, sometimes close to despair :-)
Yes, of course: I'm talking about the notorious and famous 'NAME THAT GAME!' questions... :)
With this update, it'll be much easier to distinguish especially shoot'em up games in the future because these categories were refined much more now!
The category "Shoot'em Up (V-Scrolling)"has now been split into "Shoot'em Up (V-Scrolling)" and "Shoot'em Up (V-Scrolling [S.E.U.C.K.])" to make direct access to SEUCK games possible. (well, frankly, _I_ don't need that, though ;)
For the sports' game fans, I can also notify you of the fact that you can now access games about American Football, Baseball, and Rollerskating directly from now on (since Build 1150)!
NEW: The Codemasters list has got a BIG update now! Database build 1150 now
contains 92 Codemasters' games!
This wouldn't have been possible with help of the CODIE! site by Adam Harris, which turned out to be a very valuable information source.
NOTE: The Codemasters games "Prince Clumsy" and "Spellfire The Sorcerer" do NOT appear in the list because they had already been entered using the more common names "Sword And The Rose" and "Wizard Willy".
I've always been thinking that 'Shoot'em Up (H-Scrolling)' does not tell you much about the actual game in particular.
Is it in outer space? Are you riding on a VEHICLE even?
So 'Shoot'em Up (H-Scrolling)' is now gone. FOREVER. Same with 'Shoot'em Up (V-Scrolling)' and many more.
|OLD genre description||NEW genre description(s)||game examples|
|Shoot'em Up (H-Scrolling)||
|Shoot'em Up (V-Scrolling)||
Other subcategories I've added are: (these did NOT appear in earlier
NEW: these game types can now be accessed DIRECTLY! Enjoy!
ARCADE section - separate categories for:
- Collect'em Up games with 2D or 3D View (Maze) like Oxxonian and Colony.
- "Platforms 'n Ladders" games like the famous Lode Runner, Jumpman and many more)
- Skill [3D solid]: arcade skill games on high 3D geometrical solids, such as high cubes made of smaller cubes like Marble Madness, Gyroscope and others.)
- Direct access to games similar to Pac-Man, Tetris, Q-Bert, Eliminator, Styx, Worms/TRON
- Completely separated now: Arcade games with 3D views because the 'General' section became way too large.
SHOOT'EM UP section - separate categories for:
- Aircraft shooters in 3D like Afterburner and Mig-29 Soviet Fighter.
- Alien combat games like Alien Storm and Victory Road.
- Shoot With A Sight: these are games where you control
a crosshair to shoot aliens, soldiers, objects etc.
(examples : Geodestruct, Operation Thunderbolt, The Tube.)
- Western Style games like Outlaws by Ultimate and Mountie
Mick's Death Ride.
- NEW! Space shooters (V-Scrolling), created with S.E.U.C.K. (Shoot'em Up Construction Kit).
NEW! SPORTS section - separate categories for:
- Games about American Football, Baseball and Rollerskating.
That's it for now - enjoy this new database - and: it's really worth waiting for the upcoming Gamebase64 v2.0!!
This database version 1.3b Build 1150 is © Andreas Eibach 1999-2000
Consider that you never ought to make a mystery of your
suggestions, enhancements and improvements :-) so
contact me via e-mail anytime, of course, when there's anything you wish
to see changed.
|© 2000 Andreas Eibach||This is validated HTML 4.0 code that keeps strictly to the W3 standards. Thanks to TIDY!|