Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Moving guy with keyboard and use of joystick

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

paul100

Moving guy with keyboard and use of joystick

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Thanks for the help.

I still have another problem. I cannot get the guy to move. The game says to use joystick port 2. Instead of using a joystick, I am trying to use the keyboard. However, this does work. I have the same problem, when trying to play Loderunner.

Also, I am playing on a laptop. I am wondering if I can use a joystick to play these games. If so, is it just simply a matter of inserting a joystick into a USB port, or are their more requirements?

Thanks for any help.
hzwetsloot

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi (again),

>If so, is it just simply a matter of inserting a joystick into a USB port, or are their more requirements?<
See my other message to you on configuring a joystick in CCS.

As for joystick emulation in CCS, it is possible to define the keys you want to use for joystick movement. I myself chose to use the arrow keys for directions and (left) CTRL for fire.
This does mean I have to disable the joystick when I want to move the cursor in the C64 standard (blue) screen.

It is also possible to "switch joysticks" in the emulator. All of the above options are "hidden" in the option Input under "Options" I mentioned in my other message as well.

Hope this helps!

Greetings,
Hans Zwetsloot

Return to “GB64 Help!”