Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Elite different versions question...

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

vargaviktor
Keen Member
Keen Member

Elite different versions question...

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:07 pm

THis was posted before at cs.c64.org

http://gtwforum.retro-net.de/index.php?topic=39.0

Some of the info copied here from this topic.

The question, which of the versions are included into gamebase?

-- copied post and its replies---
I don't know it is an urban legend or not, but maybe there is two version of elite.

In hungarian magazien, CoV, there was a very logn article about the Elite, and its told that they found two version of it, they were called by them, A and B version.

They identified the second version, which they played as A, because the goals are the same as the other paltform versions (Pc, Spectrum).

The goals in A version:

1. not realy goal - you can buy Truble for 5000
2. Constrictor
3. Fortesque needs helps, go to Ceerdi, transfer the Thargoid defension plans.

Another thing:
you can find in the 3rd galaxy on Arredi in the planet info:
Comming Soon: ELite II

--
Info About B version:
This version came from a yugoslavian cracker (don't know, group, or person).

Goals:
1) be ELITE
2) go to second galaxy, and when you docked on a Coriolis, they told you, the sun of thsi system going to be to a nova, so transfer the refugges, (needs to have galacic hypersapace unit)
3) there is a special camufalge system on a ship in the a neigborhood systems, which makes that ship invisible
(you can hit that ship with rcokets, because it hasn't ECM, and get the unit with scoop)
if you was succesful, you will get this new unit, it can be activated by N key
4) thatgoids invaded a Coriolis, and you should destroy that coriolis
after you did it, you shoudl get out from that system, and you will get an Anti ECM unit. (your name will change from Commander to ARchangel)

----

There are two versions of Elite on the C64. I've only noticed two differences between them: the save routines are coded differently (as the mega save game hack listing from Zzap!64 issue 7 doesn't work with saves from the second version), and the second version has title screen music (the first version is silent).

There might be other minor bug tweaks and fixes and stuff in game but I've never gotten far enough to see that

----

the gruop that you talking about is YUCS(yugoslav cracking service) isnt it???

----

Any idea?

Viktor
Dimitris Kiminas
GB64 Team

Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:41 pm

You forget the best Elite version on any 8-bit system, the "Elite 128" (which also runs on the C64). Visit my htmlized ZZAP review of Elite at the following link:

http://www.gb64.com/oldsite/gotw_elite.htm

and scroll to the end to read about Elite 128. I've included a txt file that documents all changes/improvements over the original version. I believe that in that txt file you'll find answers for all your questions on C64 Elite versions.

Rgrds
Dimitris
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:20 pm

In the description of Elite 128, it says, "Note: Ullrich von Bassewitz's Elite128 is the closest thing there is to Elite II. An Elite fan's dream come true, it features so many enhancements that you won't believe it could be done without changing the game's single-load nature..."

Actually we shoudn't believe it, because Elite 128 is not a single-load game, since the mission texts were moved to disk and are loaded in-game as needed.
-J2010C-
vargaviktor
Keen Member
Keen Member

It ok for the 128 version...

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:16 pm

But includes the Gamebase the two different versions, with different missions?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:55 pm

There are 2 versions included with GB, called v1.0 and v1.1, but I don't know if these are what are being referred to as versions A & B. Elite 128 refers to version A as an unofficial hack, and there is an Elite 128 B (GB verson says v1.0 release 3). Anyone have a more difinitive answer?
-J2010C-
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:16 pm

As far as I remember the difference between v1.0 and v1.1 is the additional music and some minor bugfixes!

Anyhow, check out our GOTW article of Elite which also links to a detailed description of Elite 128.

/Michael

Return to “The GB64 Website”