Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Easier Downloads

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Mayhem
GB64 Team

Re: Gamebase

Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:19 am

-Eloquence wrote:
boomer12k wrote:At least my MAME collection was automatically entered into the MAME frontend as it automatically checks for ROMS. God, I wish Gamebase64 did that. Don't you???
Well, I guesstimate the number of C64 cartridge ROMs to be maybe around 500 (Mayhem can probably give a better estimate), and most people have probably less than a fifth of that many ROMs anyway, so that isn't really a required functionality. :roll:
MAME uses ROMs of course, that's where that comment is meant to point towards. He wasn't asking for auto checking on C64 ROMs. I think the gist here is that the frontend in question (I'm guessing he uses MAME32 here) updates and checks for any new games when you run it, whereas you have to manually do it for GB64. No big deal I guess... it would take AGES to boot if it did that every single time now ;)

As for cart ROMs for the C64 anyhow, probably around the 350 mark games wise, god knows how many utilities etc!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Eloquence
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: Gamebase

Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:02 am

Mayhem wrote:MAME uses ROMs of course, that's where that comment is meant to point towards. He wasn't asking for auto checking on C64 ROMs.
Yeah yeah, I'm sorry - a little quip there. Just me wanting everyone to be very clear on the image/ROM issue I guess...
Mayhem wrote:I think the gist here is that the frontend in question (I'm guessing he uses MAME32 here) updates and checks for any new games when you run it, whereas you have to manually do it for GB64. No big deal I guess... it would take AGES to boot if it did that every single time now ;)
Yup.
Mayhem wrote:As for cart ROMs for the C64 anyhow, probably around the 350 mark games wise, god knows how many utilities etc!
OK! :)
Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven.

Return to “The GB64 Website”