Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Version 0.1 of Gamebase ST released

Discuss the Atari ST database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderators: Jimbo, Cord, Paul Thompson

Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

Version 0.1 of Gamebase ST released

Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:03 pm

Just to let everone know that the first release of The Gamebase ST Project is now avialable from:

http://www.gamebasest.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Please note if you have visited this page before then you will need to refresh the page! This release was supposed to come with 100 games instead of 50, but i'm afraid i just ran out of time!

All the very best

Paul.
Last edited by Paul Thompson on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:39 am

One small bug so far.....when I run the exe I changed the path to point to my gamebase dir. It came up with the notepad error "Cannot open the C:\Program Files\gamebase\GBST\help.txt file"...you seemed to have hard linked the help file.. (along with setting all the other paths to various places on the C drive)

There's another bigger bug too.....

Although you'd got 3 language versions of the Secret of Monkey Island.. There's no Oids!!!!!! The best Atari ST game ever...bit of an oversight there methinks.....

Overall though not too shabby for a first release 8)
Gamebase64 Team Member http://www.gamebase64.com
Ex-freelance cheat listing/pokes contributer to Zzap, CF, CU & ACE
MAME Cheat File Maintainer http://www.mamecheat.co.uk
Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:25 pm

Whoops :oops: I did end up rushing this release a bit to get it out for the weekend as promised. The project has generated a lot of interest in ST circles and i did not want to dissapoint anyone.

Pugsey, you are right i did make a mistake on the help file and paths. Also many apologies for not including Oids, totally forgot about it this time around but will include it next time!

Three people have joined the ST project team to help me move it forward (shame this is not happening for the Spectrum). One person has just uploaded 90 boxcans (front & rear) to me. Another person who goes by the name of Gravey Zak is an expert on ST music and is taking over that side of GBST, he propses we use the better quality SNDH sound format instead of YM. The format also allows all sub tunes to be included in a music file. He will also be extracting any music from the games themselves if needed. The Final member will be donating FTP file space for the full version of GBST and will be contributing in other ways also!

I am quite excited in interest generated so far and it bodes well for the future!
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:41 am

Paul Thompson wrote:Three people have joined the ST project team to help me move it forward (shame this is not happening for the Spectrum). One person has just uploaded 90 boxcans (front & rear) to me. Another person who goes by the name of Gravey Zak is an expert on ST music and is taking over that side of GBST, he propses we use the better quality SNDH sound format instead of YM. The format also allows all sub tunes to be included in a music file. He will also be extracting any music from the games themselves if needed. The Final member will be donating FTP file space for the full version of GBST and will be contributing in other ways also!

I am quite excited in interest generated so far and it bodes well for the future!
this is excellent news, i wish i could have the time for such a huge project like this
Gu

Comment

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:27 pm

Paul Thompson wrote:Whoops
Well as brief as your comment is it explains alot.
Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:08 pm

Mmm, the mind boggles :roll:

Return to “Atari ST - GameBaseST”