Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Forum activation email didn't come

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Ja
Jael75

Forum activation email didn't come

Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:39 pm

Hello!

My forum activation email didn't come (I'm a 100% positive about this). I can't log in now, and I don't know how to re-send it. Can one of the administrators help me? Username is Jael... it says I'm registered, just not active.

Thank you!
Jael
El
EloquenceGuest

Same problem

Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:31 pm

Same problem here... twice. Perhaps you could re-send the one for username Eloquence and remove username Eloquence64? Thanks.

Ø
-Matt

Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:44 pm

well dudes,
same here,
had to register under another name under another email address.
Image Image Image
Eloquence
Keen Member
Keen Member

OK..

Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:11 pm

Ah, I guess three is the lucky number. Three different e-mail addresses, too... Oh well. I can live with a dash in front of my nick. :D

E
Ja
Jael75

Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:20 pm

Did you use three different email addresses from three different domains? I use GMX and have never had trouble with that.

Glad it worked for you though :)
Jael
Eloquence
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mails and domains and stuff...

Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:29 pm

Yeah, I used one from my own domain (vevang.no), one from my employer's domain (cern.ch) and one free spammy thingy (mail.yahoo.com). Only the one sent to Yahoo! arrived. The other addresses are 100% operational, though, so the error must be that the message is sometimes not sent out by gb, not that two of my accounts didn't receive it.

E
Ja
Jael75

Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:54 pm

Thanks for the info, Eloquence With A Dash!

I guess I'll set up a Yahoo address and try again.
Although I would kinda like to keep my first nick... then again, who cares.
Thanks!
Jael
Gu

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:03 pm

I set up an email address at Yahoo, and it worked this time. GMX didn't work (it didn't go in their "spam suspect" folder either).

If I can still have that other activation email, I'll take it.
Thanks, GB team!
Jael
-Matt

Re: OK..

Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:05 pm

-Eloquence wrote:Oh well. I can live with a dash in front of my nick. :D

E
yep, did the same and it didn't hurt 8)
cheers
Image Image Image
Wo
Wotnau, grr

The same problem - what solution?

Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:27 pm

Hello everyone! The same old story - never got the activation mail. Before I try different nicks, different e-mail providers or whatever else - has anyone discovered what's wrong? I don't wanna run out of ideas after inventing my 10th nick and still not getting the activation e-mail ya know :) Wotnau
Gu

Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:01 am

Hi Wotnau! :lol:
Well, for me it took quite some hours before the activation mail arrived, BUT I got it on first trial.
MacGyver

Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:04 am

Eh... the above "Guest" post was done by me. Logging in might have been a good idea, however "Log me on automatically each visit" didn't work out it seems.
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:25 am

If you go through the "Log In" link up the top, it doesn't seem to work :?

If you use the one down the bottom under the forums, then it does seem to work. Well for me at least. Using IE 5.5 or 6 here, both have the same effect cookie wise (ie. it doesn't produce one seemingly from the top Log In link).
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Th
The Grue - Guest

Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:50 am

I tried 7 different emails and usernames and still got no email... I guess I have to wait >11 hours then?
Eloquence
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:56 pm

The Grue - Guest wrote:I tried 7 different emails and usernames and still got no email... I guess I have to wait >11 hours then?
7 different accounts?! I don't know if it's picky on particular domains, but try to make a mail.yahoo.com account and use that if you haven't tried already - that's what worked for me.
Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven.

Return to “The GB64 Website”