Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Camputers Lynx Gamebase

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

manguan
Cool Member
Cool Member

Camputers Lynx Gamebase

Fri May 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Coming soon.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Re: Camputers Lynx Gamebase

Mon May 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Sorry for the late reply Manguan, did you get answers re: tape loading in Gemus script? If not I can have a look, you should either be able to start the emulator with a given filename, use SendKeys() to type the necessary key input in the emulated machine.

Edit - Downloaded the GB, I noticed there are more games for this system than you have in the GB, but this may be because it is unfinished.

OX.
manguan
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon May 14, 2018 7:39 pm

OX wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:16 pm
Sorry for the late reply Manguan, did you get answers re: tape loading in Gemus script? If not I can have a look, you should either be able to start the emulator with a given filename, use SendKeys() to type the necessary key input in the emulated machine.

Edit - Downloaded the GB, I noticed there are more games for this system than you have in the GB, but this may be because it is unfinished.

OX.
I finally made the Gemus script work, don't ask me how. :D

Regarding the games, I haven't found more than those in the gamebase. I have not included utilities, demos and others. If you know more games for this system and where to download them, don't hesitate to tell me and I will include them with pleasure.

Thanks.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 pm

manguan
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon May 14, 2018 9:29 pm

OX wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 pm
Tosec - https://archive.org/download/Camputers_ ... _04_23.zip
Yes. That is the collection that I have based my gamebase on, plus some games I have found out there. The rest of the archive are demos and utilities that I am not sure to include in the gamebase. What do you think?
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue May 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Quite a few more games here - https://www.loveroms.com/roms/top-100.p ... uters-Lynx

There's also Jet Set Willy for the Lynx, as always the real enthusiasts are in possesion of the less common stuff so it's best to find a usergroup or website that caters for such as it makes for a more "complete" Gamebase release.
manguan
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue May 15, 2018 8:35 pm

OX wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:10 pm
Quite a few more games here - https://www.loveroms.com/roms/top-100.p ... uters-Lynx

There's also Jet Set Willy for the Lynx, as always the real enthusiasts are in possesion of the less common stuff so it's best to find a usergroup or website that caters for such as it makes for a more "complete" Gamebase release.
If you are able to find Willy I will be to include it. :lol:
manguan
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am

Camputers Lynx gamebase without Jet Set Willy, specially dedicated to OX. :wink:

splash.jpg
splash.jpg (128.17 KiB) Viewed 42260 times

I hope you like it...

https://www.4shared.com/zip/jHgwcJHSgm/ ... nguan.html
(Link updated)
Last edited by manguan on Mon May 21, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri May 18, 2018 11:23 pm

Thanks Manguan, it's looking good - but your'e not quite finished yet :wink:

Replace your GEMUS script with this :-

If GameType CONTAINS(tap)
Add_CLP(--run %gamepathfile%)
Else
;game is lynxsnapshot
Add_CLP(--snapshot %gamepathfile%)
End If

Run_Emulator()

This will run the emulator natively and pass the filename through the command line instead of sending keys for filename input.

Where are the missing game files for the un-associated entries?

Deflektor game exists but not added.
manguan
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat May 19, 2018 11:29 am

Hi OX:

Where are the missing game files for the un-associated entries?
That's what I'd like to know. :D I know about them through advertisements and reviews in the newsletters. I've put them all in case some day their roms appear.

GEMUS script
I guess you've tested it... For some reason it doesn't work for me. The emulator simply doesn't start. Any idea? :?:
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat May 19, 2018 10:41 pm

I based the script on this section from the Jynx readme file :-

I've received feedback on the emulator, and I've added a command line parameter set.

Parameters are given by a switch name with two minus signs in front. This may be followed by a space and a parameter value. All switches are optional. Examples of usage:
--settings Specify alternative location for settings file.
--snapshot Specify lynxsnapshot file to be immediately loaded on startup.
--run Specify TAP file to be immediately loaded on startup (--snapshot overrides this).
--games Put emulator into games mode. Does not pester on exit, and does not SAVE the settings file.

Example command lines:

jynx.exe --settings "C:\users\jonathan\documents\Alternative Settings.txt" --snapshot "C:\users\jonathan\documents\snapshots\AIR RAID.lynxsnapshot" --games

jynx.exe --settings "C:\users\jonathan\documents\Alternative Settings.txt" --run "C:\users\jonathan\documents\snapshots\AIR RAID.TAP"

So as there are only 2 filetypes used in your GEMUS script (tap; lynxsnapshot) a simple IF - THEN ELSE statement sufficed to pass to the emulator command line, as long as you removed the existing line(s) first then copy and pasted it into your GEMUS script correctly then it should work fine, have you tried re-selecting the emulator exe file in the GEMUS screen and checked your filetypes?
manguan
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun May 20, 2018 11:02 am

Hi OX:
It was childish error. I missed Run_Emulator() line. :oops: :D
I hadn't seen Jynx documentation. Now I get it.

Anyway I have change your script:
A/ To prevent emulator changes to 48k machine after launching Deflektor (--settings and --games).
B/ To make games that need to type "run/enter" and (Deflektor "enter") start automatically.

If GameType CONTAINS(tap)
Add_CLP( --settings "Alternative Settings.txt" --run %gamepathfile% --games)
Run_Emulator_Send_Keys([5]{RUN}{ENTER}||20)
Else
Add_CLP( --snapshot %gamepathfile% --games)
Run_Emulator_Send_Keys([1]{ENTER}||20)
End If

A little problem: games that start automatically (without run/enter) also receive that typing and in some cases it interferes with the choice of game/program options. Any idea?
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun May 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Fairy nuff, didn't realise some of the games autoloaded and some don't, must be the basic games that need RUN and ENTER. Now you just need to find those missing games and get this completed :wink:
manguan
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun May 20, 2018 9:42 pm

Be sure I have searched for them under the stones. If you or someone knows more sources ... :wink:

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”