Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GameBase Z.C.M., Launchbox

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

cribber

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Not finished downloading yet but could I have the password for 'Amstrad CPC.exe' (Gamebase) please.

Edit: Thanks.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:08 pm

If You like MAME and would like to help with some bucks, visit it:
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh ... ber=363629
The most wanted game is from 1980.

Don't mention about my MAME compilations on MAME World, please.
I do this for good, not bad :wink:
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
Xentor

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:31 am

Holy cow dax!! I'm downloading MAME NGCD. Are the passwords all different? Could I have password for NGCD? Thx man!
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:31 am

Every compilation uses different password. Will be sent later.
oldstyler

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi there

I would like to ask nicely for passwords. Due a major hardware failure i lost all my Gamebase stuff a few years ago. I already collected some again, found here at the forum. Next bad thing is i'm on a 300 kb connection at home ... so i mainly download retro Stuff when visiting my girlfriend :-) There i have a 12 MB connection. As Dax posted lots of Gamebases located at Google Docs i grabbed them ( almost all ), so i'm in need of the passwords. I really like the work, Gamebase Creators share with us. I never forget, when i was sitting in front of a C64, playing Uridium and Falcon Patrol. This was back in 1986, if i remember right. Man thats a lot of years, which have passed. And today, when running Gamebase, it's always like a little Timetrip back into childhood days....
Again, many thanks to creators, preservers and uploaders !
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:55 pm

oldstyler wrote:I would like to ask nicely for passwords.
Dax's password rules were a few pages back. For reference:
Gamebase Full [Z.C.M.]
0. Every compilation is a SFX archive. Protected with strong passwords. Every compilation has different password.
1. To receive a password add Your entry here. Don't ask via PM! This is my anti-leech protection.
2. Creators may ask for passwords without limits. Non-creators may ask for 1 password a week. Don't You like it? Become a creator.
3. Sharing password is forbidden (incl. PM's). If I find it I may re-upload it with changed password or delete resources forever (depends on mood icon_wink.gif).
I believe he freely gives out the MAME passwords, but otherwise you can only get 1 password per week, and you will need to specify which one you want in this thread.

You should decide which one you want most right now and let Dax know here.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:31 pm

1 pass for week means all compilations (because of size, time and costs), except Mini versions - they "free".

So ask for 1 concrete pass. Became a creator (plenty of Gamebase compilations not created yet), then You will receive all for free with no waiting. No exclusions.
chfortier

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi,

What is the password for MAME v182 Full rom archive ?

thanks !
oldstyler

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Sorry, totally missed the one pw per week rule. My fault. So i'm asking for NGCD PW. And i found floating around on a old HD a RCA Studio II.mdb file only. Is there a whole GB for this system ? And if, someone can provide a link for it ?

And i really would like to create a Gb on my own, just a matter of time. So what about a ScummVM GB. There is a ScummVM Torrent with a lot of games. How about building a GB around this torrent, with Screenshots etc. I'm just not sure if it makes sense to build a GB, as ScummVM is already one sort of frontend. But if you have lots of games assigned to ScummVM it's not realy comfortable to choose one game, and also missing all additional stuff like year, company etc.
What you guys think ?

Edit :

Is there a GB for the KC85 / KC87 Computer ? It was build based on a unlicensed Z80 prozessor in Eastern Germany. I can remember we had one in the Observatory where i was taking part on a study group in the mid eighties. Could be another candidate for a GB then if there is not one already.

And as i was talking about Uridium maybe you would like to check this one out.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ro ... hoot-em-up

They have a 3 level demo already ! Haven't tried it yet. But come on. It's Hewson, AND Braybrook. ( Ok Andrew Braybrook isn't part of the team, but anyway )
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 pm

And i found floating around on a old HD a RCA Studio II.mdb file only. Is there a whole GB for this system ? And if, someone can provide a link for it ?
There was one made. I don't have my external storage drive hooked up right now to look for it. Original thread was here http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4982
And i really would like to create a Gb on my own, just a matter of time. So what about a ScummVM GB. There is a ScummVM Torrent with a lot of games. How about building a GB around this torrent, with Screenshots etc. I'm just not sure if it makes sense to build a GB, as ScummVM is already one sort of frontend. But if you have lots of games assigned to ScummVM it's not realy comfortable to choose one game, and also missing all additional stuff like year, company etc.
What you guys think ?
Well, technically, MAME is its own frontend now, and there is still a gamebase for it. The closest thing I am familiar with is eXoDOS which uses ScummVM for running some of its games.
Is there a GB for the KC85 / KC87 Computer ?
The only thing I can find is a reference to a Robotron KC85 from this thread http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4866
The list showed there was no Gamebase for it yet. Is it the same system? Btw, that list and a couple others sut made have not been updated in several years, and some of those systems have had a gamebase created since then.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
oldstyler

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Yes, thats the Robotron KC85. They sold only around 30.000 pcs. But there are some resources on the web with Games, Tools etc. I will ask for permission to use those resources and gather it into a nifty little GB. Hopefully progress will not be that slow, as at the moment i'm not sure how much work this will be....
Maybe you know this feeling. When we have been young(er) we had plenty of time, but no money. And these days whe have ( plenty of ) money but no time :-)
If someone told me 35 years ago what it means to grow up and become an adult ... and i had the knowledge about life i have today ... i would like to choose to stay younger, maybe not forever, but a little bit longer ...

And yes that seems to be that RCA Studio GB the DB file i found. If you could upload it, it would be very nice of you ! ( if you have it by chance )
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:10 pm

do you have Intellivision gamebase?
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:11 pm

The answer is here:

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B44k8VisyhXQQ2ZETWo2bmhQdUU
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:46 am

i send a pm for password
oldstyler

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi again

Actually i'm looking for GB Level9, Spectrum +3 and RCA Studio 2. And SegaCD,without the ISo's. All links in the Forum are long time dead. So maybe someone can help out by chance ?
And thanks in advance.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”