Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase crashes when adding games!

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member
Contact:
Location: Formby
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:04 pm

Gamebase crashes when adding games!

Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:56 pm

Hi

I am having major problem with adding games to Gamebase ZX :cry: Everytime i try and add the 511 game Gamebase crashes with the following error message:

Run-time error '91':

Object variable or With block vatiable not set

This occures after I have selected the game and given it a name! On reloading Gamebase the game is there but if I select it Gamebase crashes again! Any ideas what the problem could be :?:

Hope someone can help!
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member
Location: Wolverhampton, West Mids, UK
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:19 pm

Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:38 pm

reinstalling the vb runtimes helped me overcome this problem a few months ago
Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member
Contact:
Location: Formby
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:04 pm

Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:46 pm

I have already tried re-installing the VB runtimes but the problem still persists.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!
Gu
Guest

Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:16 am

Hi, I had this problem once, what I did was delete the entry from the actual database file, ie. open it up in access. Then I re-entered the data in gamebase and it worked fine.
User avatar
daveee65
Keen Member
Keen Member
Contact:
Location: South Australia
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:49 am

Gamebase crashes when adding games!

Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:10 pm

A very late reply, but it may help new developers. I had the same problem myself after entering data directly in Access. By examining working Gamebases, I found there are some minimum entries required for fields of the 'Games' table Unless you have alternative data, the following must be entered as a MINIMUM
[excluding the semi-colons ;-) ]
YE_Id = 1; FilenameIndex = 0 (zero); GE_Id = 1; PU_Id = 37; MU_Id = 38; DI_Id = 8;
CR_Id = 7; TimesPlayed = 0; Ccode = 2; FA = -1; SA = 0; PR_Id = 1;
LA_Id = 1; Rating = 0; V_PalNTSC = 0; V_Length = 0 ; V_Trainers = 0;
V_PlayersFrom = 0; V_PlayersTo = 0; Prequal = 0; Sequel = 0;
Related = 0; Control = 0; Filesize = 0; Version = 1; V_LengthType = 5

You can also try the 'Scan and Fix Errors' facility in the GB Toolbox, which helps to remove null entries.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest