Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Run-time error 380 on one Gamebase only

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Underfly
Keen Member
Keen Member

Run-time error 380 on one Gamebase only

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:28 pm

One of my Gamebases crashed, and now will no longer load, others still work fine, I tried renaming the folder and the .mdb file, and it worked fine (so the gamebase itself is not corrupt), then I renamed it back to its original name, then back to the error again and it will not load.

The problem seems to lie where gamebase somewhere saves your view settings on every machine (last game viewed, fonts, colors sidebar right or left, etc.)

So how would i get the default view back, I don't want to rename it, as there too much paths to reconfigure on the gamebase itself, emulator settings etc, it would just be much quickier to reinstall Windows, but I rather not do that either.
Underfly
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Nevermind, just fixed it, the settings were hidden well into the registry....

:D
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:12 pm

I am having this exact same problem with Gamebase 64. It has suddenly stopped working, giving me the runtime error 380 - invalid property value error, yet all my other Gamebases work perfectly. I've completely deleted this Gamebase and re-installed it but it simply doesn't work anymore. Please help somebody!! :cry:
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Try this:
Start REGEDIT and navigate to this key:
HKEY_Current_User\Software\GB64\GameBase
Right click on the key under the Gamebase key with the name of the GB Collection that gives the error message and click Delete.
Hope this helps.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:33 am

That worked a treat. Thanks K.C. :D

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”