Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Systems That Could Do With A Gamebase

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

JonathonSaunders
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Thats Good News Hardman, Looking Forward To It :)

J.S.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:20 pm

FM Towns
StarshipUK

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:34 pm

hardmanm wrote:At the moment i am playing around with an Einstein gamebase i've made, so you have a release soon.
This sounds interesting. Is there any update on when it will be released?
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:55 pm

When's this Einstein a gogo then Hardmanm? :oops:
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Its on hold for a bit till emulation gets better, plus i'm working on Atarimania V5 which is taking my time.
Gamebase Developer
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:21 pm

hardmanm wrote:Its on hold for a bit till emulation gets better, plus i'm working on Atarimania V5 which is taking my time.
I don't remember seeing an Atarimania, but I believe a new release of either Amstradmania or BBC would be V5. Typo or have I missed a collection?
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:14 am

Your right, it should have said Amstradmania V5
Gamebase Developer
StarshipUK

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:39 am

Thats a shame.

As far as I am aware there is no dedicated PC emulator for the Einstein (and probably never will be), but emulation in MESS is pretty good. The only problem is about 15 games which have a form of disk copy protection that MESS has not cracked, and I guess it is not at the top of their list of priorities (if on their list of things to fix at all!). However the games work if transferred back to disk and run on a real Einy (if you are lucky enough to own one).

The Einy has what I consider to be the best version of Chuckie Egg out there, and MESS can be a pain to use without a front end (like Gamebase). Its a shame this machine don't get more support and interest.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:08 pm

StarshipUK wrote:Thats a shame.

As far as I am aware there is no dedicated PC emulator for the Einstein (and probably never will be), but emulation in MESS is pretty good. The only problem is about 15 games which have a form of disk copy protection that MESS has not cracked, and I guess it is not at the top of their list of priorities (if on their list of things to fix at all!). However the games work if transferred back to disk and run on a real Einy (if you are lucky enough to own one).

The Einy has what I consider to be the best version of Chuckie Egg out there, and MESS can be a pain to use without a front end (like Gamebase). Its a shame this machine don't get more support and interest.
Sounds like the MESS Einstein disk handling isn't 100%, would it not be possible to use cracked versions or even find out what the disk protection is and crack them?
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Out or curiosity has anyone done any work on gamebases for TRS-80 or the Tandy Color Computer?
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Hidron wrote:Out or curiosity has anyone done any work on gamebases for TRS-80 or the Tandy Color Computer?
Yes, "Gamebase Dragon" which is also Tandy Colour Computer.

Here you go - http://www.multiupload.com/I68QWWFEH8

Download the latest Xroar emulator from here http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml and copy over the rom files etc. from v0.24 in emulators dir, latest version has fast loading.
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Nice. Thanks for the links.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Hidron wrote:Nice. Thanks for the links.
I uploaded it as the original links on here were dead, the thread got me curious so I went looking for an updated emulator as I have'nt used GB Dragon in quite a while, that's when I found the latest version of Xroar has fast loading making the GB a damn sight more useable as the original waiting times were that of the original cassette loading.
stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:34 am

OX wrote:
Hidron wrote:Out or curiosity has anyone done any work on gamebases for TRS-80 or the Tandy Color Computer?
Yes, "Gamebase Dragon" which is also Tandy Colour Computer.

Here you go - http://www.multiupload.com/I68QWWFEH8

Download the latest Xroar emulator from here http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml and copy over the rom files etc. from v0.24 in emulators dir, latest version has fast loading.

The Dragon 32/64 was known as the Tandy Coco (Colour Computer) outside the UK but the Tandy TRS-80 was a different machine. The TRS-80 could be converted to run dragon games by rewiring some components inside and adding some roms too but in general and from out of the box the TRS-80 could not run dragon games and most games for it would not work on the Dragon 32/64.

A Tandy TRS-80 gamebase would be different to a Dragon 32/64. It would need different emulators than XROAR and would have different games for it than Dragon 32/64. Some games would be Dragon games ported for the TRS-80 and vice versa but they would run slightly different and there would be a lot of games for the TRS-80 not available for the Dragon 32/64 and vice versa.
stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:53 am

TRS-80 Emulators can be found here :-
http://www.trs-80.com/wordpress/emulators/

They run quite differently to Xroar as the TRS-80 was a different machine

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”