Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Apple2

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:07 pm

Just for reference, I dropped the missing file into the appropriate folder, and the audit still said it was missing. I then noticed that the name of the rom was different than the name it was looking for. So I renamed the rom to:

Pick'n'Pile (1990)(Ubisoft)[cr Hackerforce].zip

The file was originally named

Pick_n_Pile _1990__Ubisoft__cr Hackerforce_.zip

After that, the audit found it okay - 0 missing.

Was that the right thing to do?
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Yes, hope you enjoy some Apple2 gaming over the new year.
Gamebase Developer
Nekto

Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:57 pm

You should make different folders for Apple II and Apple IIgs platforms because they are totally different.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:10 pm

I may do that in a future release, but Apple2GS does feature backward compatability with apple2 software.
Gamebase Developer
Nekto

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:30 pm

hardmanm wrote:I may do that in a future release, but Apple2GS does feature backward compatability with apple2 software.
Difference is much, so separated folders would be good.

Wolf3D not starts - tells can not load boot disk in s7d1.
Rastan needs manual inserting of disk_b and hangs after the character is killed.

Here is base with GS games and info for them:
www_whatisthe2gs_apple2_org_za
Nekto

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:08 pm

To make a resize of screenshots was a bad idea. Better to do black frame if 320x200 is needed.
joice

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm

You should make different folders for Apple II and Apple IIgs platforms because they are totally different.
would be a great thing

found a website with roms not included in gamebase

take a look here

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07 am

If you can compile me a list of the missing games, i will try and find some time to add them and release an update. Im very busy working on the Atari800 gamebase, but i could take a few days off from that for an update.
Gamebase Developer
JonathonSaunders
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:11 am

Hi

Just Downloaded AppleManiaV2 (Didnt Realise There Was A Version 2) and It Is Even Better Than V1.

One Tiny Grumble, Why Was ActiveGS Dropped From AppleManiaV2 though as it seems to run all types of apple games including the G2
Ones.

J.S.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed May 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Just tried running "Shark (Apple 2GS)" and an error came up:

Expected file [System 6.0.1 (1993)(Apple).2mg] not found in archive d:\GameBase\Apple2Mania_V2\Games\S\Space_Shark.zip

I get this with many games - I get the same thing when running "Senseless Violence".

Here's the gemus.log after running "Senseless Violence":

Code: Select all

***** GEMUS LOG FILE *****
Started: 2011-05-25 19:27:32
    -----------------clsGemus.RunEmulator-----------------
    Arg Silent Mode: [False]
    Arg strGamePathFile_in: [d:\GameBase\Apple2Mania_V2\Games\S\Senseless_Violence.zip]
    Arg lngImageIndex_in: [0]
    Arg strDefaultFile_inout: [System 6.0.1 (1993)(Apple).2mg]
    Arg strExtractDestFolder_in: [C:\GBGame]
    Arg blnFromDB_in: [True]
    Arg varNumPlayersFrom_in: [-1]
    Arg varNumPlayersTo_in: [-1]
    Arg varControl_in: [0]
    Arg varGameComment_in: []
    Arg varVersionComment_in: []
    Arg varPALNTSC_in: [3]
    Arg varTrueDriveEmu_in: [False]
    Arg varNotes_in: []
    GetAllValidFileTypesArray: DSK;PO;NIB;2MG;BIN;DO
    Starting Unpacker...
        -----------------clsUnpack.Unpack-----------------
        Split runnable file into 1 part(s): [ System 6.0.1 (1993)(Apple).2mg ]
        Repacking is possible
        7-Zip Path: [C:\GameBase\7z.exe]
        Unpacking [d:\GameBase\Apple2Mania_V2\Games\S\Senseless_Violence.zip] to folder [C:\GBGame\0]
            -----------------clsUnpack.SevenListUnpack-----------------
            Changed Directory to [d:\GameBase\Apple2Mania_V2\Games\S]
            Running 7-Zip [C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c C:\GameBase\7z.exe x "Senseless_Violence.zip" -yro"C:\GBGame\0\"]
            -----------------------------------------------------------
        Trying to find runnable file or archive [C:\GBGame\0\System 6.0.1 (1993)(Apple).2mg]
        --------------------------------------------------
    Unpacker failed with error [Expected file [System 6.0.1 (1993)(Apple).2mg] not found in archive d:\GameBase\Apple2Mania_V2\Games\S\Senseless_Violence.zip]
Bye!

Any idea what's going wrong here?

EDIT: I noticed that all the games that do this are all labeled "Apple 2GS" games. Some 2GS games do run, but many do not. I've also tried using "manage emulators" to shift the order of the emulators, but the problem games still won't load. "Space Shark" for example runs on the old Apple2GS gamebase but not in this one. "Senseless Violence" on the other hand won't run in either gamebase for me.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:38 am

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. From what I can tell, it can't seem to find "System 6.0.1 (1993)(Apple).2mg" correct?

So where should this file normally be then? This file is located in the Kegs emulator folder after unpacking the gamebase. Also, this file:

System Software 6.0.1 Harddisk (1989)(Apple).2mg

is in the main emulators folder of gamebase, not located in any individual emulator folder. And it is the same file as the one gamebase is looking for, though not named the same as the copy located in the Kegs folder. It also seems to be packed in some but not all game zips.

So where else should this file be in order to have everything run? Where should it be looking? There's no information on where this file should go. The Applewin1 folder does not contain this file and neither does the MESS folder.

Even when I try to copy the file manually into the GBGame\0 working folder before running a game, it still says it cannot find that file. So what is going on here with this file, and where should it be located? I'm pretty sure this file is the key to why this isn't running right for me.

Space Fox gives me the same exact error but Space Fox is looking for System Software 6.0.1 Harddisk (1989)(Apple).2mg. I don't understand this because I looked in GBGame\0 after trying to run Space Fox and that file is in the GBGame\0\Space Fox folder. I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem.

I've also tried moving the GEMUS emulator order around to try these games in different emulators - it didn't make any difference. Same errors. I'm assuming MESS should be the default emulator since that's how it was set up by default.
juga

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:12 am

Hi, I have the same issue. Aparently this problem happens when it is a game that have many .2mg files.

If I mount manually the two uncompressed .2mg files on MESS the games works, but aparently they can't be mounted correctly from Gamebase.
juga

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi, I finally solve this problem:

Expected file [XXXXXXX.2mg] not found in archive d:\GameBase\Apple2Mania_V2\Games\A\XXXXXXX.zip

Doing this:

When a game doesn't execute and display this error, press the right button of the mouse over the game's name and select "Game File..." or press Ctrl + G when the game is preselected.

On the "Game Files" column at the right of the window open the zip archive of the selected game, this will open the "Select Runnable File from Archive..." windows.

On this window select the first .2mg file that should boot the game, it will show "RE-PACK" and press OK.

Now the game should open.

I am using MESS now, and it is not auto mounting the other .2mg disks. I will try to modify the emulator script to automount them, will post it if I solve this.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:08 pm

What order are your emulators in in GEMUS? For me MESS Apple2E is at the top of the list, and after trying "All About America (Apple 2GS)" it still doesn't run. Nothing happens after I hit ok in the last step.
juga

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Was this problem solved after you did the procedure?

Expected file [XXXXXXX.2mg] not found in archive d:\GameBase\Apple2Mania_V2\Games\A\XXXXXXX.zip

Or it is still displaying this error message?

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”