Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Ogre and Lasersquad II problems.

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Th
The Pup

Ogre and Lasersquad II problems.

Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:24 am

I Think this is the right spot to mention this - let me know if it's not...

On the CDs that are about, "Ogre" (Based on the SJG boardgame) dumps to a blue READY prompt when you go to play - I can do the setup and the like fine, but I click "Play Game" and it dumps me. This is in WinVice and CCS 2.0.

Also, Lasersquad II wasn't working for me - I did have a working copy, which I scrapped to save HDD space when I got the GB CDs. The one on the CD, in both WinVice and CCS is giving problems - can't remember exactly what was happening there though.

Oh, and despite this, the collection is awesome! Well done guys :)
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:33 am

Of course is it worth mentioning problems like these - we always try to improve the GBC.

Ogre: The unzipped version in my master collection runs fine.
Please unzip the Ogre image by hand to see if there are any CRC problems.
Take an emulator and start the image without the frontend to see if it works. Another step could be to compare the file with the one downloadable from our website.

Laser Squad II: This one is linked to the loading screen instead of the main program. We will correct the link in the next release.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:41 am

Ogre should have True Drive Emulation (TDE) set to "Yes". This applies to VICE & CCS64.

Laser Squad works fine with CCS64, but requires TDE if you use VICE.
-J2010C-
Gu

Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:00 am

J2003C wrote:Ogre should have True Drive Emulation (TDE) set to "Yes". This applies to VICE & CCS64.
OK, Thanks, I'll give that a bash :) If that doesn't help, I'll unzip by hand and see what happens.
Laser Squad, or LS II? LS worked fine for me, LS2 didn't... I actually dug up my working copy, but I'll play around with the one on the CD - sounds like I just need to load it manually rather than allow GB64 to start it, is that correct?

Is there a way I can change the linking to the main program in my copy? Also, is there a list somewhere that has all known problems and possible workarounds, so I don't come asking silly questions again? :)

Thanks for the help folks :)
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:
J2003C wrote:Ogre should have True Drive Emulation (TDE) set to "Yes". This applies to VICE & CCS64.
OK, Thanks, I'll give that a bash :) If that doesn't help, I'll unzip by hand and see what happens.
Laser Squad, or LS II? LS worked fine for me, LS2 didn't... I actually dug up my working copy, but I'll play around with the one on the CD - sounds like I just need to load it manually rather than allow GB64 to start it, is that correct?

Is there a way I can change the linking to the main program in my copy? Also, is there a list somewhere that has all known problems and possible workarounds, so I don't come asking silly questions again? :)

Thanks for the help folks :)
right click on the bottom left corner of gamebase the part that shows the game file, then just change the file from the pic to the main file, then click ok, and all your problems are solved :D

Return to “The GB64 Website”