Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

gamebase amstrad cpc

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:12 pm

I have just updated my blog: http://gamebasecpc.blogspot.com/
I would also like to announce I am selling my CPC collection on ebay (http://shop.ebay.fr/merchant/gbcpc).
Cheers,

Loïc
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:22 am

ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun May 10, 2009 5:07 pm

I am finally done with V6 of GBCPC & am about to release it to the public. I am waiting for news from Sensey concerning hosting. I should have an answer in the next couple of days. I am also going to post the file in torrent form to spread the database faster.
Keep your eyes peeled....

PS: After this release, I will only post messages on the forums for each new release. If you have any questions or if you simply want to know how things are progressing, you'll find it on: http://gamebasecpc.blogspot.com
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

:)

Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 am

I have begin downloading this... (but so far only 1k a second!)
Once I have this I will leave it seeding for a week or so.
I am on a 10meg leased line here at work, so the faster I get this, the faster I can leave this re-seeding.
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

Question. (difference between two amstrad gamebases)

Tue May 19, 2009 7:58 am

Ok, dumb one this time, so I am prepared...
Aside from the much larger collection in GBCPC v6, is there a difference between it and the other gamebase 'Amstrad mania v2'?

I have both, (currently Rar'd up to save space in prep for transporting home').
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Tue May 19, 2009 11:48 am

yes a big difference.

the mania versions have 1000's of cracked versions
so more "emulator friendly" versions of the games.

while CPCGBv6 has only ORIGINAL BACKUPS,
so it contains a lot less games but it's more quality than quantity.

best to have both if Amstrad is your thing. :wink:
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

not that I am suggesting *I* do it..

Tue May 19, 2009 4:07 pm

but a combined gamebase would be ideal. There is the 'version' tab at the bottom panel after all, and it usually lists crackers, ver, media etc.

Both versions I do have, but I guess I will be using the 'emulator friendly' one moreso... After all, that is what Gamebase if a frontend of/for..

Thanx for the answer BTW .mad!
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

??

Wed May 20, 2009 8:35 am

Just looking at the folder sizes (Again they are rar'd up) I presume you meant GBCPC V6 was the 'emu friendly' one (larger), and 'Amstrad_mania v2) was the 'originals only'?

Regards,
Arthur
.mad. wrote:yes a big difference.

the mania versions have 1000's of cracked versions
so more "emulator friendly" versions of the games.

while CPCGBv6 has only ORIGINAL BACKUPS,
so it contains a lot less games but it's more quality than quantity.

best to have both if Amstrad is your thing. :wink:
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 am

My AmstradMania gamebase contains over 2000 games, the version in production has over 3000. It contains mainly cracks, but does contain some original tapes and covers. It also contains mainly english versions of games when possible, as thats my only language.

The other gamebase contains only originals, and is mostly french games as the author is french. The reason for his gamebase being so large in size is due to all the manual, covers and other documents he has included as scanned documents.

Both gamebases offer something different and are both worth downloading if your into the amstrad scene. I just created my version due to the lack of english versions of games. I then found some really good spanish, french and german games that an't in english but still fun to play.
Gamebase Developer
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:14 pm

Finally I have put the finishing touches to V7 & it is available for download here:
http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/pJ5zIqER
the password is gbcpc.
This update includes 100 new games & many games have been redumped. Good stuff...
Well, that being said, I need to get back to working on V8 :)
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Can you please tell me how to d/l version 7 from that website as it's all in French and I don't know what to click on to get it to d/l.

Thanks
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:06 pm

Just click on the "telecharger ce fichier" link. You can put whatever you want in the "utilisateur" box. the "mot de passe" is gbcpc.
enjoy
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:35 pm

I made the mistake of deleting the old version, thinking that this newest update was a complete install. The problem now is that the original files earlier in this thread are no longer available, so I'm stuck. Can anybody tell me which files are needed to start from scratch and get up to the full update now, and if they are available anywhere? All I have is the V7 update file. Usually, I save the installers, but I deleted this because I thought the older versions weren't needed. Thanks.
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Sorry to hear about that. If you can hold on for a few more days (maybe a week), I am almost done with V8 of GBCPC.
Cheers,

Loïc
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:51 pm

That's great news. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”