Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Space Gunner help needed

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

gb007

Space Gunner help needed

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:34 am

I can't post links directly yet since I don't have enough posts so you may have to patch them together

reference this game here: www dot gb64 dot com/game.php?id=7071&d=15

the first screen shot shows the interactive part of the game the second shows the intro screen.

and the download of the game here: gamebase64 dot hardabasht dot com/games/s3/SPACEGU1_07071_01.zip

This is a 10,181Byte file

Another source here has a 30.006KB sized file

lu0 dot nitroroms dot com/download/file/89728/Commodore_64/Space%20Gunner%20(1983)(RTC).prg

regardless of which download or emulator I use, I am only getting the intro screen, written in BASIC.

the interactive part of the game is written in 6502 assembler.

can someone please test to see if am I doing something wrong to start the game? I can't remember if a particular key (but usually fire button) has to be pressed to start the game or it just starts after the music has finished? or is in fact part of it missing? if missing, can someone who might have it please dig for and post it or let me know where I can get it. Thanks!
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:30 am

I only tested the one from the first link you pointed to, but the Fire button on Port 2 seems to bypass the title screen so you can play.

Download link seems to be dead for me on the nitroroms site.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
gb007

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Hidron wrote:I only tested the one from the first link you pointed to, but the Fire button on Port 2 seems to bypass the title screen so you can play.

Download link seems to be dead for me on the nitroroms site.
Thanks a lot. I don't have a joystick and was trying with keyboard. could not get it to skip the intro. I can't remember if there were levels or not. Were you able to play for a bit and advance at all?

You're right there is a problem with the download there now???? strange.

file info shows though.

nitroroms dot com/show/file-info/L84865/Commodore_64/Space%20Gunner%20(1983)(RTC).prg.html
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:03 pm

I was using emulation (tried WinVICE & CCS64), but keyboard setup is easy that way. I did play for about a minute with keyboard control, but its not very easy to target using keyboard controls, so I did not do very well.

Btw, WinVICE starts with no input controls set. You need to set it to Keyset A, then use the configure button at the bottom of that window. Then ALT J will swap ports to allow you to find the correct port for the game. There is also an ability on the Options menu to save current settings if you want those changes to be remembered.

CCS64 started with keyboard control configured for me on Port 1 which I had to swap to Port 2. I don't use it enough to remember if that is the default setup though.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.

Return to “The GB64 Website”