Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Zzap 64 issue help needed

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

divvyonaspring

Zzap 64 issue help needed

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Hello there. Loved my 64 & love walking down memory lane visiting this site. I particularly like the Articles section & the old copies of Zzap 64. Really makes me wish I'd kept all my old copies rather than flogging em down the car boot all those years ago!

This is my dilemma.

I had a letter published in Zzap I would guess around the mid 80's. It must have been after the game 'Vietnam' was published (85/86?) as the letter was in response to an advert for it. I also had a number of peeks and pokes published around the same time. I have searched everywhere trying to find which issue the letter (and the pokes) was in so that I can try and re-buy the original mag. Can anybody help???

My name is Gavin & I was living in Bolton at the time of the letter and, as I say, it must have been soon after Vietnam came out, I guess around 1985/86?

Help......
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Just poking through the magazine, I wish I had a searchable copy. I found a review of Vietnam in the November 1986 issue on page 44. So far the only letter I have run across from someone named Gavin, is from February 1987 on page 10, but it does not appear to be the letter you are talking about.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:17 pm

You can download all Zzap64 as pdf here.
Perhaps seeing a cover of the magazine jogs your memory. :wink:

[edit]

Unfortunately everything went down the drain and is slowly being rebuilt on CIA.
Last edited by Retroplay on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Re: Zzap 64 issue help needed

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:23 am

divvyonaspring wrote:I had a letter published in Zzap I would guess around the mid 80's. It must have been after the game 'Vietnam' was published (85/86?) as the letter was in response to an advert for it. I also had a number of peeks and pokes published around the same time. I have searched everywhere trying to find which issue the letter (and the pokes) was in so that I can try and re-buy the original mag. Can anybody help???
I do vaguely recall that letter. Let's hope someone can track things down...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
divvyonaspring

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm afraid I wouldn't recognise the cover if I saw it but I'm going to have a good look through those pdfs starting around the time Vietnam came out. I must be able to find it. Let me know if anyone finds it before me! Cheers.
Starscream

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:37 am

Hidron wrote:Just poking through the magazine, I wish I had a searchable copy. I found a review of Vietnam in the November 1986 issue on page 44. So far the only letter I have run across from someone named Gavin, is from February 1987 on page 10, but it does not appear to be the letter you are talking about.
Archive.org's collection seems to be searchable, but I can't say anything about the quality of the OCR. Reliable collections with OCR are floating around mostly via torrent, thanks to this great guy.

Return to “The GB64 Website”