Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Midnight Express

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

jonesypeter

Midnight Express

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi,

I'm a convert from the ZX Spectrum, so please treat me genty!

I'm trying to re-live my youth where I always used to purchase Your Computer Magazine and remember admiring a C64 game listing for Midnight Express.

I found the game on your site. I do not seem to be able to add the link for it as I am a new member. Perhaps the moderator could do this for me?

When I run it using CCS64 v3.8, I press space bar to start, pick slow and daylight. As soon as the game screen starts it flashes up that I have lost a life and goes on to the next screen

I have checked my keyboard config and can get Dizzy to work OK.

I notice the game page says there may be a problem in the Basic, but can anybody help?

How to I just load the Basic Code so I can check it?

I have the JPEG scans of Your Computer if anybody can help.

Best wishes

Peter Jones
Crawley UK
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:39 pm

This one? http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=16214&d=18&h=0

It is listed as a bugged game. Just tried it in Vice btw, and the same thing happens to me that you are experiencing. I am actually a little surprised there isn't a bug free version since according to the listing included in the Gamebase extras, it was apparently sold on tape.

Not really familiar with CCS64, but in Vice, you would mount the .d64 file in the emulator (ALT +8 OR File, Attach Disk Image, Device 8 ). From there you can do a LOAD"$",8 & LIST to see the directory, and can load the files from there.
jonesypeter

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will try downloading Vice and checking the BASIC. if anyone comes up with a solution it would be much appreciated.

Best wishes
Rough
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 pm

This sounds as if the printed listing is already faulty, or is it?
Neo-Rio
GB64 Team

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:22 pm

I typed in this listing, and indeed, there was some kind of bug that I simply couldn't solve.

If anyone has the original magazine listing so we can get a better scan of the program to check the listing again... that would be nice.

The working program on media would be better of course ;)

Return to “The GB64 Website”