Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Which game was that? was named Hercules, didn't find it here

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Flexman
Keen Member
Keen Member

Which game was that? was named Hercules, didn't find it here

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Hmm when I was younger I used to play a game called "Hercules".

But looking here none of the games with this name was the game I was looking for.

I think it had very simple graphics and also a river as well as green grass (maybe some kind in the style of river raid 64) but horizontally as far as i remember.

Then you had opponents like some kind of snakes etc., looking very simple. I think you had to throw arrows at them and Hercules maybe looked more like the black guy from Bruce Lee.

This is all I can remember, maybe some one knows that game or if there was any other game released with a wront title called something like Herkules.
formater

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:49 pm

3505 Hercules 1984 Interdisc is similar at you request, 3506 Hercules - Slayer of the Damned 1988 Gremlin is most recent.
Flexman
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:09 pm

yes but both games are not the one i was looking for, it wasn't a platformer like the version of interdisc.

so i think that this game has a different name but was copied with the game "hercules" which was not the real game.
formater

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:20 am

In GBC you can find some games with the name Herakles or Heracles, greek name for Hercules, perhaps some of them are the game you asking for
Brataccas
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 pm

The description you've provided doesn't really narrow things down too much - was there anything greek mythology-based in the game?

You may want to look at Gods and Heroes (GB ID 3196) - still a platformer from the same author as Hercules, but might match closer the description 'some kind of snakes' and the main character sprite.. Not sure how Bruce Lee factors in?
Flexman
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Ok I have drawn an image of the picture I still have in my head. I hope it's not too far away from how the game really was.

I guess it was similar to this style (not the same sprites of course). You played the guy and there were some animals as opponents, also there was a river altough I'm not sure if you could swim inside. I think you also could move on to different screens (varying the river and rocks maybe).

Well this is the picture I have in my brain now 20 years later but it is very different from all the hercules versions I found.
Flexman
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:24 pm

I also asked the friend now who used to play that game often with me. He said that the picture I did comes close to what is in his mind also.

Also he said that you started at the bottom and had to leave the screen on the top defeating some crocodiles that were in the water.

Any ideas now? :wink:
Flexman
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 am

Ouch... Now we figured out that this game was on some Texas Instruments computer... :oops:

Return to “The GB64 Website”