Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

In Search Of A Game

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

loki00

In Search Of A Game

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:12 pm

Ive been looking for a C64 title for some time now. But i just cant remember the title of it, and i have a really vague idea of how the game played. I know when it was released in the UK it was a massive hit and had some great reviews.
It was a side scrolling sci-fi action/platform game in whice u control a guy, i think the guy was a cyborg. I think u had to kill various cyborg animals, to gain power-ups to increase your firepower. And im sure there were also cyborg apes involved in the game somewhere! I know for a fact it wasnt an arcade conversion, it was a completely original game. Im sure i played it on the C64 and not the Amiga. Im sorry but thats all i remember. I know that when it was released the game had great graphics for its day. Id really love to find it again, thanks
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:03 am

Cyborg and apes tends to suggest

HAWKEYE by Thalamus

http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=3446&d=18
Rough
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:29 pm

I'd say Hawkeye too, could also be Rubicon which is from 1991.

If we're wrong try http://www.lemon64.com, there's a "big hunting game" to discover the titles of searched games. 8)
loki00

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:50 pm

Woo-hoo! Hawkeye is the game i was looking for. U guys are good!! But why doesnt this game feature in more top 10 lists..it was pretty good for its day!! right, ive got to go kill some more cyborg apes!! thanx guys
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:52 am

loki00 wrote:Woo-hoo! Hawkeye is the game i was looking for. U guys are good!! But why doesnt this game feature in more top 10 lists..it was pretty good for its day!! right, ive got to go kill some more cyborg apes!! thanx guys
It's a polished game, but to be honest it gets too repetitive for my liking... ZZAP gave it a Gold Medal, but only under severe PR pressure.

Return to “The GB64 Website”