Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Joystick adapter

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

IBtheFox

Joystick adapter

Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:53 am

I found the scematics for a c64 or atari joystick to pc gameport adaptor on line. Had some trouble getting it to work but finally did suceed and found it is fantastic. All the games with it play just the way they did on the orignal machines. These units used to be for sale from a business overseas but are no longer avaiable. It allows you to hook two digital joysticks up through the pc gameport just as you could hook two joysticks up to the original machines. If anyone is interested in one of these units I would be glad to send a copy of the scematics and would consider making one of them to order if you don't have any electronic skills to make your own. Email IBtheFox@peoplepc,com.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:36 pm

There is also a serial port adapter setup that onl requires a PC serial to 8-pin joystick interface. The only thing you need is to wire the pins, no diodes or resisters needed. Of course, building one is probably too much trouble for most people, so there are much better ones out there if you are going to buy one.
-J2010C-
IBtheFox

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:14 pm

This is true regarding a serial port adapter, however it does require the installation of drivers to make it work correctly and I don't know if it will handle two joysticks at the same time or not.

Return to “The GB64 Website”