Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

saving on a new disk

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

saving on a new disk

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:10 am

When I play the game Legacy of the Ancients, before playing it asks to enter a character disk. How do I go about doing that. I am using CCS64 V3.0 1.6Beta
Gu

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:33 am

I figured out how. I copied a differene game example (ghostbusters.d64) to the directory of Legacy of the Ancients. When the game asked me to insert the character disk, I selected the ghostbusters.d64 file and it asked if I wanted to format and I selected yes. So there it is, a formaated character disk for saving my game.
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:02 pm

That's of course one way but VICE and CCS64 allow you to create a new disk image (d64) from within the emulator! :twisted:
Kevin Toms' Beard

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:39 pm

Michael Plate wrote:That's of course one way but VICE and CCS64 allow you to create a new disk image (d64) from within the emulator! :twisted:
Please would you explain this to me?

I have actually done it once, so I know it works, but I can't seem to repeat my luck.

http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ight=#5848

:(
One of your players dies in a plane crash!!!!
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:26 pm

WinVICE: Check out the bottom right corner of the file open dialog

CCS64: ALT+8, END, F1

/Michael
Kevin Toms' Beard

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:55 am

Michael Plate wrote:CCS64: ALT+8, END, F1

/Michael
Cheers Michael. I have done this and named my d64 file.

Now I am having trouble loading this file.

Is there any way of checking whether the save has worked?
My d64 Title shows as "CCS CCS CCS CCS " 01 2A
Does that seem right?

I have made this work once before on Football Director (I saved at the end of my first season, and loaded at the start of the second season) but I am having no joy now.

When I am trying to load, my Scroll Lock light on my keyboard flashes. Is that normal?

Please, if you can offer any assistance it would be gratefully received.

I'm off to cry myself to sleep now. :cry:
Gu

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 am

Everything seems to be ok.
"CCS CCS CCS CCS " 01 2A is the default title of a disk image created with CCS64. You can select the disk by pressing F1.
The flashing Scroll Lock led indicates that there is data read or written from/to the disk. With Alt/E you can switch off the flashing Scroll Lock and in the same screen you can enable maximum 1541 speed to reduce loading time.
With Alt/O you can set 1541 Emulation - Saving to Continuously. This setting will write changes permanently to the disk image.
Good luck!
Kevin Toms' Beard

Success!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:56 am

Thank you, mysterious stranger. :D :D :D

What a wonderful site this is. A small (I have spent too much on eBay tonight) donation shall be wending it's way to your coffers gb64.

Who was that masked man? :D
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Re: Success!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:22 am

Kevin Toms' Beard wrote:Thank you, mysterious stranger. :D :D :D
Always the same, when will I learn first to login and then post a message! :oops: :wink:
I hope you will get it work now.
Kevin Toms' Beard

Re: Success!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:32 am

K.C. wrote:Always the same, when will I learn first to login and then post a message! :oops: :wink:
I hope you will get it work now.
Cheers K.C. working perfectly now. :D

Thank you so much, Brentford Football Club can now conquer the whole of European football. 8) :oops: :lol:
Mad McGraw

Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Hi all,

OK I'm gonna be really stupid & ask for a dummy guide on how to load Football Director on C64.

I have the C64 emulator (VICE: C64) loaded up, I go to Autostart/Disk Tape & Load the Orginal Football Director up. Once loaded it asks do you wish to load a saved game Y/N?

I say yes & have a saved file in my folder, but how do I get it to work on the C64 so I can continue the rise of Nottingham Forrest from 4th division to now play in 3rd division?

I have got promoted & saved my first season. Now I'm stuck. When it saved it overrided my orginal file. But I just downloaded another copy & saved it in another folder which I use to start the game, the overrided once is my saved game.

Any help would be great.
Thanks Guys & Girls

Merlin

Return to “The GB64 Website”