Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

saving on fdirector

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

gu

saving on fdirector

Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:47 pm

I am using ccsv64 1.4 and on the game football director how do I save a game and reopen to start a new season. I know how to use the freeze options but cant get onto a new season. Please help

Simon
Gu

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:44 am

Same problem here. :cry:

I am using CCS64 V3.0 and trying to master .d64 has been driving me mad for the last two hours. I just can't get it to work.

Please help.
Kevin Toms' Beard

FOOTBALL DIRECTOR - END OF SEASON SAVING/new season loading

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:55 am

Anonymous wrote:Same problem here. :cry:

I am using CCS64 V3.0 and trying to master .d64 has been driving me mad for the last two hours. I just can't get it to work.

Please help.
I've registered now. This may be a useful site, given my general stupidity, and the fact I haven't played a C64 since about 1992.

I've worked out the F11/F12 saving and loading, but at the end of the season the game goes into auto-save and asks if I wish to save again?!?! Please help.

:( :x
One of your players dies in a plane crash!!!!
Gu

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:48 pm

I managed to save my first seasons progress, and have now completed my second season. But I cannot get the damn thing to save/load (not sure which bit isn't working) the new season.

For the first season I created a new .d64 file and loaded this when asked 'Do You Want To Play An Old Game?'. I have followed the same procedure (I think) but am having no joy.

I have been asked whether I want to save disk to system, what do I do??
Kevin Toms' Beard

FOOTBALL DIRECTOR

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:49 pm

Anonymous wrote:I managed to save my first seasons progress, and have now completed my second season. But I cannot get the damn thing to save/load (not sure which bit isn't working) the new season.

For the first season I created a new .d64 file and loaded this when asked 'Do You Want To Play An Old Game?'. I have followed the same procedure (I think) but am having no joy.

I have been asked whether I want to save disk to system, what do I do??
Sorry, that was me again. I keep forgetting to log in. :oops:
Kevin Toms' Beard

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGHHH!! FOOTBALL DIRECTOR

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:45 pm

Right, I have saved my progress until before the last game of the season. This is saved with Alt+F12 and loaded with Alt+F11. After the final match of the season you are presented with your season stats. and final league position, etc. the final screen gives your management rating, gambling winnings, season-ticket sales, then goes straight into saving mode.

Do I save here? Press Alt+8 create a new .d64 file? Do I then press Escape and return to the saving screen?

I am then asked if I want to save again, Y/N. Can it do any harm/good to save again?

If you choose NO, the game crashes and you have to load again.

The first screen when loaded asks 'DO YOU WISH TO PLAY AN OLD GAME? Y/N'.

I have pressed Y then F9 and scrolled down to my .d64 file. Do I press Enter? Or F1? Or should I press F9 first, then select the .d64 file, Escape and then press Y?

I need to lie down. :? :? :cry:

If anyone can heal my pain, I would very much appreciate it. Please.
Kevin Toms' Beard

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:33 am

All sorted now. :D

Return to “GB64 Help!”