Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Renaming Tool?

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

Renaming Tool?

Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:19 pm

Just an idea..
I was wondering if there are plans to create some sort of renaming tool for those who already have some sort of game collection, so as not to have to rename by hand / redownload to make the collection accesible through the dbase..
I suppose that could solve more than 1 posted problems..
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:54 pm

Yes, there is something like that in the works, but I'm not sure of the details. I suggest that you register and check the "notify m when a reply is posted" box so you know when to check it out.
-J2010C-
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Yes it's called GoodGB64

Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:21 pm

Yes there's a a tool available, which at the moment is based on a clrmame dat file though hopefully there will be a full GoodGB64 executable at some stage in the future. You will be able to grab the dat from #rareroms on #newnet on irc...at the moment I have no web link for it.
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:36 pm

On a side note don't expect to find that you have many of the GBC images you won't - lots of the images are not available elsewhere and there's also a unique image label that will screw up the dumb renaming programs that can't ignore the label when checking the crc out (at the moment there isn't a tool...but a future GoodGB64 should be able to take care of it). You'd be better leeching the isos off usenet or p2p as it would be a lot easier and quicker in the long run. especially as there's more to GameBase64 then game images.
Fr
Fred

Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:29 pm

I downloaded what I believe to be GoodGB64. I haven't gotten the games yet, so I haven't tested it, but here's the web site:

http://grh.no-ip.org/

Then click on "Good Tools" on the left hand side. By the way, I managed to d/l nearly all of the Good Sets using the BitTorrent thingy and this site, if anyone is interested.

Return to “GB64 Help!”