Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GEMUS script for WinVice 2.4.8 with dink mod?

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

macguyver

GEMUS script for WinVice 2.4.8 with dink mod?

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:34 am

Does anyone have a GEMUS script that would work with the excellent dink mod which allows gamepads?

The standard winVICE V2.4 GEMUS script does not work and results in an error "Invalid file referenced in script function"

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Macguyver
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:20 am

Did you add the path to vice.ini under Script Files in the emulator properties window?
Usually you will get this message when the link to the emulator settings file is missing.
macguyver

Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:40 am

That did it, thank you!

Under the GEMUS menu of Gamebase, I selected the vice.ini in the script window, and now it works fine.

Thanks! Can't emphasize enough how handy it is to use VICE with a proper Dpad which the Dink mod allows. (In my case, a wireless Xbox 360 controller)

Interesting how in some of the Gamebase games, that the cracked version with cheats is the version of the game that's been preserved, rather than the original.

I appreciate the fast response.

MacGuyver
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:22 am

macguyver wrote:Interesting how in some of the Gamebase games, that the cracked version with cheats is the version of the game that's been preserved, rather than the original.
If there's an original version available, you can find original tape, disk or cartridge versions under extras menu for the selected game.
macguyver

Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Thanks for the tip! Didn't realize.

Return to “GB64 Help!”