Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Would some good sould teach me how to set up SIDs in GB?

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Starfall

Would some good sould teach me how to set up SIDs in GB?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:00 am

I'm using Gamebase for two years now with great satisfaction and kind of gave up that I'll ever hear a sid. But every now and then I try again and every time I hit a wall. Files check says 40k+/40k+ sids not found.

I've downloaded the package from HVSC website, unpacked it, pointed path to C64Music/Musicians (there are sids there in zillions subfolders). Anyways, how come there are only 0-9, and E, N, P, X, Z subfolders? Where are A, B, C...?

This is really confusing the crap out of me. What exactly do I point the path to?

I didn't even bother with installing SID player since it obviously has nothing to play yet.

So please, treat me like an idiot because that's what I obviously am after all this time.

Thank you so much in advance.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 am

you just need to set the SID folder...

"C64 MUSIC"

then setup the MUSIC PLAYER

musicplayers.ini

Code: Select all

[Players]
1=Sidplay 2 for Windows
2=
[Sidplay 2 for Windows]
UseShortFilenames=0
PlayerPathFile=C:\GameBase\GBC_V11\MusicPlayers\sp2w\sidplay2w.exe
CommandLineParams=%musicfile%
SupportedTypes=SID;

Starfall

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks a lot man, I think I got it sorted out now. It still says some 1500 tunes are missing (out of some 45000). I guess it's normal? Not that I'm complaining though, after all this time being completely without sids:)
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Each release of GB64 is timed to match one particular version of HVSC. I suspect you are using a different version of HVSC to that linked into that version of GB64.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:46 pm

Mayhem wrote:Each release of GB64 is timed to match one particular version of HVSC. I suspect you are using a different version of HVSC to that linked into that version of GB64.
That's correct!

you will need HVSC#60 for GB64 v11.
Starfall

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:51 pm

I'm using GB v10 with HVSC_60. Older version of GB should have less stuff listen than the new one, and using that with newer version of HVSC would result in me having "surplus" of stuff, not vice versa, no?

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here:) I mean, newer versions of GB should have more and more things in its database, so if I use newer version with the same hvsc version, it should just list more stuff as missing?

I better shut up now:)

How painful is upgrading to new GB anyway? Does it mean downloading new packages of content as well? Also, I wouldn't want to lose my lists of Favorite Games I worked so hard on.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Starfall wrote:I'm using GB v10 with HVSC_60.
HVSC#58 is for GB64v10
How painful is upgrading to new GB anyway? Does it mean downloading new packages of content as well?
It's pain free!.
you just need to download all the ISO packages from here...
http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5199&start=31

Also, I wouldn't want to lose my lists of Favorite Games I worked so hard on.
There is an option to import your personal info... from the tools menu.
Starfall

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:22 pm

Man, your support has exceeded all my expectations, thank you a bunch:)

Didn't expect any answers the first day really, but just a few hours later I have all my troubles sorted out, and learned a lot in the process.

And now the whole thing became more alive with all those sids, didn't even know how much I was missing, listening to them while I'm doing something else is almost as good as playing games

Health and wealth peeps, and all the best for Easter I guess

:D

Return to “GB64 Help!”