Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Removing Games from the list?

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

William Moore

Removing Games from the list?

Sat May 22, 2010 2:17 pm

GameBase is a brilliant application, because it brings the games to life before you play them, by allowing you to see what you are about to play. But there is a problem with this system, some of the games are definitely not playable by children!
With this in mind, where can I find the text file that lists all the games that appear on the scrolling games menu?
I can remove the games and screenshots, but would like to be able to remove the names of these games as well please! :(
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat May 22, 2010 7:09 pm

you can hide games with the Adult filter.

right click on the game you want to hide
select "personal info" - "current game"
and tick the Adult Game box.

select TOOLS from Gamebase menu.
select Adut filter
enter a password.

all those Adult games are now hidden.
Last edited by .mad. on Sun May 23, 2010 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Re: Removing Games from the list?

Sat May 22, 2010 7:42 pm

William Moore wrote:With this in mind, where can I find the text file that lists all the games that appear on the scrolling games menu?
There is no text file. All game information is stored in a Microsoft Access .MDB file in the database folder.
William Moore wrote:I can remove the games and screenshots, but would like to be able to remove the names of these games as well please! :(
Have you tried to select the game and press the Del key on your keyboard? :shock:
William Moore

Sat May 22, 2010 8:57 pm

That was almost as simple as I am :oops:
Thank you both very much for the advice, must remember the Delete key is your Friend! :)

Return to “GB64 Help!”