Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

some help please in playing the games

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Daisky

some help please in playing the games

Mon May 25, 2009 11:32 pm

I downloaded the game Entombed & I tried to load it ,couldn't find it, then was able to load by clicking on the game itself.A screen appears where it tells me to press the joystick button to start the game & I don't know what to do I have tried my gamepad & putting it in every usb socket available & pressing I couldn't get it to start the game.

Also Boulder dash I click on its name & it loads then it comes on the screen with the music & I have tried pressing everything on the keyboard but it just won't start the game.

How to use the gamepad to play the games do I just put it in any usb socket or do I have to use a joystick which I don't have & if I have where to put it there is no socket for it.
Daisky

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Doesn't anybody have an idea?Can I use my gamepad to play?What to do to use it or I can only play with a joystick?When I buy the joystick where should I put it in a usb port & do they mean usb sockets by port 1 & port 2 how to identify which one is port 1 & which is port 2?
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Joystick in VICE

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi,

This screen shows how to setup the Joypad / Joystick in WinVICE.

Click SETTINGS from the Menu.
then click the Joystick in port #2 window.
this port is Used for most games, but not all of them.

if you have a USB PAD inserted you will see it in the drop down menu.
just select it and click ok.
now when you move the pad you will see the direction light up green in the bottom window. (Joystick: + +)
you are now ready to play.

Daisky

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks for the help .mad. in the end it worked but I don't know who.

Return to “GB64 Help!”