Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Set up CCS64 emulator

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

paul100

Set up CCS64 emulator

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:07 pm

Is there a way to set up the keyboard or joystick with the CCS64 emulator?

Thanks, for any help you can offer.
hzwetsloot

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi,

>Is there a way to set up the keyboard or joystick with the CCS64 emulator?<
Yes there is for the joystick, depending on what version of CCS you are using.
Of course, the right way to go about this is visit the ccs-website where the FAQ (not to mention that ugly word no one seems to know, i.e. manual, a copy of which can be found there, too) should tell you exactly what to do.
The shortcut is selecting Options, then Input, then Calibrate Joystick. (I don't use one myself)

My tip: If you do not have it yet, get the newest CCS (I believe it's 3.6 now) as that has menu items under (PC) keys F9, F10, F11 and F12.
Among them is a joystick configuration menu.
On the official website for CCS there is a full game plus documentation download, if I remember correctly.
One snag: I forgot the website address. Any takers who will provide it?

The keyboard is another issue entirely. Keyboard mapping may be possible (I have not figured out how), but again, on the ccs-website there should be a quick reference chart for you to download that tells you which key on the commodore 64 is emulated by which PC keyboard key.
It is fiddly, but as an alternative one of the menu items under File is "Keyboard". Try there to insert keystrokes.

Hope this helps!

Greetings,
Hans

Return to “GB64 Help!”