Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Updated True Drive Emulation Gemus Script for WinVICE

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

Updated True Drive Emulation Gemus Script for WinVICE

Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:51 pm

Here is an updated GEMUS script for WinVICE, which will let you set your True Drive Emulation setting differently for both CCS64 and WinVICE. To get it to work you MUST follow the instructions in the actual script!

Updated WinVICE GEMUS Script
Magic Knight
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:04 pm

hmmm - this means we need to manually type something for each TDE we come across ?

i'm going to stick with the games you have as TDE (700 ish), bet there aren't many that are broken.. it's not that many to check by your standards !! hee hee more work lol
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:58 pm

Please continue to note the games that require TDE for VICE for us so we can put in key=yes into the database for everyone to be able to use VICE without this hiccup in the next updated release (i.e. for use with the updated GEMUS script).

This new script also works for you the other way, since as of VICE v1.12 the drive emulation is much better. For example, none of the Infocom games (Inform interpreter) need TDE under VICE. In this case the new script will work great, but the old script will use TDE making it at least 10 times slower.

James: may I suggest a more descriptive key name, like vice_tde, vicetde or vtde?
-J2010C-
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:58 pm

Just tried the new script... upon trying to run it says "the script for this game has no functions to process". Any ideas? I've pressed F2 and set tde=yes here...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Gu

gemus

Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:48 pm

Hi Matt,

Did you check that the new script was set properly (under the GEMUS menu) for winvice?
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:56 am

Menu -> GEMUS

Clicked on WinVice in the menu list. Used the Load button to select the new script. Script appears to be missing all carriage returns actually so it seems like a constant stream of text. Tried to run a game, got message as mentioned. Edited script txt file, tried to insert returns throughout to make it look presentable, making sure to keep ";" at the start of lines for comments. Reloaded. Complains about illegal command on line 5 (a comment?!).

Now I'm flummoxed...
Gu

gemus

Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:55 am

Do you use ultraedit or some other text editor that has the option to save text files in non-windows formats?

Anyway, are your other gemus scripts ok (for the other emulators)? Maybe loading another script and changing it will work...

Hmm... strange, can't really solve this one without seeing it for myself :(
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Re: gemus

Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:55 am

James wrote:Do you use ultraedit or some other text editor that has the option to save text files in non-windows formats?
I was just using Notepad. By this comment, does this mean I should save it out in non-windows format, or you think when I edited the file it was saved out in non-windows format?
James wrote:Anyway, are your other gemus scripts ok (for the other emulators)? Maybe loading another script and changing it will work...
I tried a couple of other scripts and they worked fine. Maybe I'll try that and see what happens...
Gu

Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:04 am

was just using Notepad. By this comment, does this mean I should save it out in non-windows format, or you think when I edited the file it was saved out in non-windows format?
It should be saved out in Windows format (i.e. both Carriage Return and Line Feed characters at the end of each line)
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:36 pm

What I thought. When I opened the file in Notepad it was how it appeared in GEMUS... just a long string of text (ie. no carriage returns). Perhaps it is how it was saved when offered on the forum?

Anyhow, I'll try copy and edit a current script and see if I can get it to work that way... though probably post BIT Live.
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:19 pm

The easiest way to get the new script to work is to:-

1. Open up the script text file in your web browser
2. Select ALL the text (CTRL + A)
3. Copy it all (CTRL+C).
4. In Gamebase open up the WinVICE menu via the GEMUs option on the toolbar (if WINVICE is your preferred emulator you can just press Shift + F1).
5. Click on the Script Code window and press CTRL +A to highlight all the text.
6. Press CTRL+V to paste the copied text from earlier
7. Click on OK and the jobs a good 'un.
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:50 pm

Which has worked... cheers Pugsy! :)
Rob Nicoletti
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:35 am

Same trouble here.
I fixed it by dragging the .txt file in an ie window (other browser should works also): it shows the text properly.
Then, copy and paste and bla bla bla....
Can anyone explain why notepad doesn't shows it in the right way?

Return to “GB64 Help!”