Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Question on MAME files

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

pnihill2000

Question on MAME files

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:39 pm

Question on MAME files
Are these possible to add to GB? The Roms of them I have are Zips with a bunch of files in them. I need all of them to run the game but I can only select one file to use within gamebase. Is this possible to change?
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:23 pm

This would be a pointless exercise.
M.A.M.E. has it's own front end menu, which is what Game Base copied from to use with other computer/console systems.

why would you want to change what has taken years to develop.

but to answer your question...
it would be possible.
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:48 pm

It is possible, and in fact there is MAME support in GB already it's just a pig to update with MAME releases - and to be honest it's simply not worth the effort.

And to set the record straight, GameBase didn't copy MAME at all - frontends existed before the pos known as MAME32 came on the scene.

The proper MAME doesn't contain a frontend as such as it's commandline based, the latest commandline MAMEs do have a sort of a basic frontend (just run MAME without any options).

MAME32 is just a different compile of MAME with basically a frontend mashed into the MAME source so you have to download MAME AND the FRONTEND every time you want to update MAME. It's a far better to use the standard MAME and a decent standalone frontend.

MAME32 is not well liked by the mamedevs as it's not cross-platform (win32 only) and also adds it's own bugs over and above the standard MAME release.

MAME != MAME32
MAME > MAME32
Gamebase64 Team Member http://www.gamebase64.com
Ex-freelance cheat listing/pokes contributer to Zzap, CF, CU & ACE
MAME Cheat File Maintainer http://www.mamecheat.co.uk

Return to “GB64 Help!”