Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Longplay addition to Gamebase

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Moon

Longplay addition to Gamebase

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:18 am

I've just tried your vbs script to enter our C64 longplays into the gamebase database and it works fine. Just wanted to ask if it's possible to add them as avis as well, so if someone has them unrared on disc they are listed under extras too.

Currently when I select a game and the corresponding longplay from Extras > Longplay Winrar opens up instead of any media player playing back the file right away.
C64 Longplays: Download complete C64 walkthroughs as avi videofiles
Doctor Creep Real Estate: maps, walkthroughs, longplays
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:54 am

The support for RAR archives still needs to be implemented in the GameBase frontend. When this feature is available, RARed longplays can be automatically played from the frontend.

If you want to add the longplays as unRARed extras simply edit the VBS and change the filenames into the AVI filenames before executing the script.

/Michael
Moon

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:25 am

Great, I'm looking forward to it. BTW, I've found a small bug in the current installment. When one selects "play SID" on Ultima VI" the music of Ultima V is played back.
C64 Longplays: Download complete C64 walkthroughs as avi videofiles
Doctor Creep Real Estate: maps, walkthroughs, longplays

Return to “GB64 Help!”