Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

joystick settings

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

kev25b

joystick settings

Fri May 18, 2007 12:19 pm

Help i cant save my joystick settings using winvice
kev25b

Fri May 18, 2007 3:11 pm

At least i know where to get some help thanx
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Fri May 18, 2007 4:11 pm

Yeah, reading the manual often helps! :twisted:
Spungo

Sun May 20, 2007 5:31 pm

Gee, what a helpful reply. I've read every piece of documentation I can find (I had to just to get the damn thing to work, recognise a version of WinVICE less than five updates old, and add an incredibly well-known game like Space Pilot that's somehow missing from the database), and I jiggled around with every INI file I could locate, and I can still apparently do nothing to make this hopelessly stupid mess of a frontend stop wiping all my joystick settings every time I play a game.

And if there's one thing ruder than some moaning user complaining about a free program, it's some smug smartarse developer taking the time to say "Read the manual ha ha ha!" instead of just taking the same amount of time to answer the f*cking question like someone who wasn't a total ass.

My experience of installing GameBase for the first time today is that it's a massively broken, unfriendly POS, and you're really not in much of a position to be being so obnoxious about it.
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Sun May 20, 2007 6:58 pm

I think it's not necessary to comment this posting more in detail as it speaks for itself. Anyhow, I have two general comments for you (and others)...

1) If you are looking for help but only spend a minute explaining your problem and what you have tried so far you will for sure not motivate anybody to spent more time on this than you did.

2) Creating two different anonymous accounts to express your 'opinion' won't highlight it.

Ciao,
Michael
Spungo

Mon May 21, 2007 10:09 am

I'm sure you're capable of viewing IP addresses (I certainly can on the forum I host) and seeing that I have absolutely nothing to do with the other poster. Why would I bother creating two accounts when I could just yell at you from one? And it's a bit odd that I'd suddenly have learned to spell and punctuate in the space of one forum thread.

The original question is perfectly clear - the frontend doesn't save joystick settings in WinVICE. I managed to understand that with no difficulty on first reading, which part of it don't you grasp?
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Mon May 21, 2007 11:26 am

Spungo wrote:I'm sure you're capable of viewing IP addresses (I certainly can on the forum I host) and seeing that I have absolutely nothing to do with the other poster. Why would I bother creating two accounts when I could just yell at you from one? And it's a bit odd that I'd suddenly have learned to spell and punctuate in the space of one forum thread.
Yes, I can see IP addresses and other details and I don't believe in fortunate coincidences...
The original question is perfectly clear - the frontend doesn't save joystick settings in WinVICE. I managed to understand that with no difficulty on first reading, which part of it don't you grasp?
Strange that the original question is perfectly clear for you. Where does it mention the frontend in combination with WinVICE?

The only thing that is perfectly clear for me is the fact that nearly no effort was spent to describe the problem followed by a questionable second posting. Do you really think this motivates people to pick up the problem?

Anyway, if you have a technical problem to discuss feel free to open another topic because I will close this thread now.

Ciao,
Michael

Return to “GB64 Help!”