Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Help!!

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

Help!!

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:28 am

Hi
I have a problem with gamebase Ver 1.1 that I can't solve. I have been using gamebase for quite a while and have about 1300 games saved in a folder on C drive named 'C64 GAME FILES' Have been adding new game almost daily and today ran in to a problem I can't seem to fix. All of the games I had installed up till today all loaded and worked fine, a's to z's, in zipped or unzipped format. Added some new games today and suddently find that no titles in zipped format further back in the alphabet than 'Henry' will load. Comes back with a error message "There was a error reading from the file or the file does not comform to the standard" All zipped files with titles from 'a' to 'henry' load and work fine. Game base will not allow me to add a new zipped file with a title further back in the alphabet than 'henry', same error message. It will let me add zipped files if the title is from 'a' to 'henry'. All files in unzipped format a to z work fine and can add new files in unzipped format just fine.
Have tried uninstalling gamebase completely and reinstalling it from scratch and it still will not allow me to load a zipped file if the title is after 'henry'. I am using ccs64 emulator v 3.0 and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it as well. Any suggestions?

Ron
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:39 pm

This is a known bug in GameBase. Check this thread for the work around:
http://gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... ght=gbgame
-J2010C-
IB
IBtheFox2

thanx for the fix

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:34 am

Hi
Thank you ever so much for the thread advice. deleted the gbgame folder and now it works perfectly again.

Ron

Return to “GB64 Help!”