Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Speaking of MOEBIUS: The Orb...

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

Speaking of MOEBIUS: The Orb...

Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:59 pm

Whenever I try to Begin an adventure, the name of
the disciple for some reason turns to Henry the great1
and no body points so he immediately dies.
Is there a flaw in the cracking?
How do I get it to work properly?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:12 pm

How do you begin an adventure? You completed training without any problems? Are you using CCS64 or VICE?
-J2010C-
Gu

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:21 pm

Begin an Adventure becomes an option once training
is complete, so it seems I completed training without
problems.

Using CCS64 vs. 2.0 Beta.

Vice ends in CPU jams with this game on my computer.

(incidentally, don't know how to include CCS64 vs. 3
as one of the default emulators)
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:15 pm

I really suck at this game, so if you can send a disk with a character who completed training, it would help for debugging (help[@]gb64.com). VICE requires you to use NTSC video mode. You might want to try NTSC mode in CCS64 as well to see if it fixes the bug. It probably won't work with CCS64 v3.0 either if it is bugged in v2.0.

CCS64 v3.0 can be added via the GEMUS menu item -> Manage Emualtors. Add a new editor (the upper left icon) then use the CCS64 v2.0 GEMUS script. Point to the v3.0 executable and v3.0 C64.CFG file. Basically set it up just like CCS64 v2.0. You could also use the v2.0 setup and just point it to the v3.0 exe and cfg files instead.
-J2010C-
rcosner

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:19 am

I googled this looking for an answer to this problem. I am getting the same thing, I am able to complete the training. Then when you go to start an adventure it asks for side B, then side C. Then it loads up a game with henry the great1 as the character and then you die instantly.

If your having trouble with this game its really not too hard to get the hang of. Here are the "basic" controls as I havent been able to play long enough to get a more detailed set.

Fighting

A - Large Step Back
S - Large Step Forward
Z - Small Step Back
X - Small Step Forward

I - Heavy Kick/Thrust High
K - Heavy Kick/Thrust Middle
, - Heavy Kick/Thrust Low
O - Light Punch/Thrust High
L - Light Punch/Thrust Mid
. - Light Punch/Thrust Low

Divination
(Object is to keep the yin/yang in the box without touching the sides)

Up - O
Down - .
Left - K
Right - ;

I also thought I would try and be slick and create a character named "henry the great1" and try and move it or delete it when it loaded in, but the same thing still happens anyway. Its like something is saved on disk C for that character in the image or something.

Return to “GB64 Help!”