Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

One more Q about CCS64 v3b

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Co
Compgeek wannabe

One more Q about CCS64 v3b

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:40 pm

One more question. How do i get CCS64 v3 b 1.7 to run in GB. When it scans for emulators it doesn't see that one, whic is the newest one. I saw a post on here about this already but it talked about writting a script for it, but didn't say how. I'm not a programmer and certainly don't know the commodore's BASIC. Is there an update or something? I have v3 of GB's database which i thought was supposed to update GB. What do i need to do?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:17 pm

GB only recognizes emulators that were on the GB v3 CD when it came out (CC64 v3.0 beta 1.5). Unfortunately, we cannot foresee the future and predict the CRC of the next CCS64 executable. The easiest way to set it up is to just set up v2.0 or the old v3.0, then install v3.0 b1.7 and in GB, go to GEMUS->CCS64 v3.0b... and change the emulator executable to the new v3.0b executable. It should work the same.
-J2010C-
co
compgeek wannabe

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:35 am

Alright thanks. I got it working. css64 v3 works ok, the only issue i noticed is that for one half of the games the emulator ignores my keyboard presets and forces me to use the number pad. If you know of a way to correct this, please do tell, if not, its ok, i can live with it. Maybe I'll switch back to css64 v2. thanks again.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:48 pm

Go into the GEMUS script for the emulator (menu item GEMUS->CCS64 v3.0b...) and find the section that says ";set the game controls" (you'll see JoyPort a lot in this section). As the comments say, replace the * with <DISABLED> to disable joystick override. If you know what you are doing (by reading the comments in the script), you can change the keypad setting to joysticks, gamepads, or whatever you are using.
-J2010C-
Co
Compgeek_wannabe

Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:46 pm

I've tried everything. but I can't get it to keep my settings. I'm using the ccs64 v2 win32 scrpit for ccs64 v3. Here is the GEMU script:

;************************************
;* CCS64 v2.0b DirectX GEMUS Script *
;* by James Burrows *
;* 22 Apr 2002 *
;************************************
;
; Emulator File: CCS.EXE
; Associated File (1): C64.CFG
; Use Short Filenames: YES
; File Types: T64;PRG;P00;P01;D64;G64;G41;CRT;TAP

;load the selected game image
Add_CLP(%gamepathfile%)
If GameType CONTAINS(d64||t64)
Add_CLP(,%imageindex%)

;true drive emulation?
If TrueDriveEmu = NO
Add_CLP( -fastload)
Else
Add_CLP( -normalload)
End If
End If

;autorun the loaded image
Add_CLP( -autorun)

;set the game path for the emulator
Set_CFG_Value(1||$LOADPATH||%gamepath%)

;run the emulator
Run_Emulator()

There is no * or "joystick" or "gameport" or anything like that. What should I do? Am I looking in the wrong spot?
co
compgreek_wannabe

Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:30 pm

scratch that last post. it would figure that after two days of messing with it, i would find the ccs64 v3 script in the v3 database i downloaded after i decide to ask for help. I replaced that * with <disable> like this:

;Replace * with <DISABLED> to disable the automatic settings for the JoyPorts
If %gamefile% CONTAINS(<DISABLED>)
If Control = JoyPort2
;default for JoyPort2 is PORT1=Key-Set 2, PORT2=Key-Set 3

but that didn't fix the problem. could it be that i am wanting to use the arrow keys (not the ones on the num pad)? they work with some games like boulderdash but not others, like buckrogers or robin hood. any thoughts?
co
compgreek_wannabe

Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:41 pm

My appologies to the webmaster. i figured out the rest my my c64 porblems. alt+f10. i just needed to switch the ports on the games that were giving me trouble. thanks for your patience and sorry to wasting your time by reading all of that.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:23 pm

That is EXACTLY the purpose of the script. The script will do the port swapping for you so you, so you'll always have your favorite keyset or joystick set for player 1. There were so many complaints/confused people regarding this that the joyport part of the script will be set to <disabled> by default for CCS64 & VICE in GB v04.
-J2010C-

Return to “GB64 Help!”