Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

ccs64 config Reset by GB , and ccs64 3.0b1.7 crash on start.

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Yo
Yoritomo

ccs64 config Reset by GB , and ccs64 3.0b1.7 crash on start.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:24 pm

Hello

Gamebase is wonderful, i like to use it to manage my games, but i get a problem, each time i setup the joysticks options on the CCS64 menu, it is not saved, i tryed to launch individually and it seems that GB reset the joysticks properties in ccs config file. what to do to get it working?

another problem not related to GB64 , i just downloaded the new CCS64 3.0 B1.7, i can get it works, thought i installed directx9.0c , it crash everytime on start with a message "Direct3D Init FAILED - Direct3DCreate9"
I tryed to reinstall DirectX without success, why? Do you expérience the same problem too?
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:43 am

it seems that GB reset the joysticks properties in ccs config file.
That's exactly what GEMUS does. GEMUS is a script language where you can set a lot of properties when a game is launched. This way you can automatically make the desired settings to run a game properly, for example the joystick settings, true drive emulation, etc. When you want to change some settings, click the GEMUS menu in GameBase and click the emulator you want to change. A window pops up where you can change the GEMUS script and make the settings you want.
it crash everytime on start with a message "Direct3D Init FAILED - Direct3DCreate9"
Try to decrease the Windows color depth to 16 bits. That worked for me.
Yo
Yoritomo

does not works

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:23 am

I tryed to decrease the resolution but the problem still same, the latest nvidia driver is already installed.

How to change that script in that way for ccs3.0 b1.6 ?
I don't know anything about scripts. Actually i simply erased the filename in the gemus properties.

Thanks
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:03 pm

Does CCS64 v3.0 beta 1.7 work on it's own without GameBase? If it won't start on it's own, then it won't start from GameBase either. The script for beta 1.6 & 1.7 are the same, so it is not a problem with the GB script.

To disable joystick override, in GB, go to the GEMUS menu and click on CCS64 3.0... Scroll down to the area where you see CONTROLPORT and JoyPort a lot. You'll see 2 lines:
;Replace * with <DISABLED> to disable the automatic settings for the JoyPorts
If %gamefile% CONTAINS(*)

Just replace the * with <DISABLED> and the joystick settings will not be changed by GameBase.
-J2010C-

Return to “GB64 Help!”