Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Importing favourites

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

hmj

Importing favourites

Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:42 pm

I just installed version 2 and everything seems to be OK but for some reason I can't figure out how to import my favourites. Can it be done?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:20 am

Import your favorite what?
-J2010C-
hmj

Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:29 am

my favourite games/sids
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:56 pm

You typically have to import each game separately (manually). No program can be expected to detect the files on your machine and know what games they are exactly. The closest to this you can come to automation is using a RomCenter ROM list, which I have not been able to find a C64 list for, but they do exist.
-J2010C-
hmj

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:21 pm

I'm not entirely sure if we're talking about the same thing there (importing games to Collection DB/transfering games favourite status) . But anyway I now understand your point.

To be more exact, I was talking about transfering games favourite status from GBC to GBCv02. And since I only have GB Collection games (I rely on your excellent work :D ) I thought it would be a simple update to the database comparing game_IDs. And while typing this I tested it and it seems to work. Now I have my 550 favourites set in GBCv02!
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:03 pm

James Burrows, the creator of the GB Frontend, is currently working on a program to do just this sort of thing. I'm not sure how long it will take to complete, but I have tested the early alpha version (just an interface and field selection tool right now). But this is what a lot of people have been waiting for. It will allow people like you to preserve their settings from the Personal tab in GB, and it will allow people to work in parallel on a project using multiple databases and then merge them together.
-J2010C-
Gu

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:09 pm

J2003C wrote: It will allow people like you to preserve their settings from the Personal tab in GB, and it will allow people to work in parallel on a project using multiple databases and then merge them together.
This sounds like a really neat idea. Gamebase will become a collaborative work of the Gb community.! :D

Something, I would like to see, which is very impressive is, if it were possible to upload the high scores in the Personal tab, and submit them to gamebase to get a top 10 list for people to challenge and break. (no cheating of course!) :shock:
Magnate
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:
J2003C wrote: It will allow people like you to preserve their settings from the Personal tab in GB, and it will allow people to work in parallel on a project using multiple databases and then merge them together.
This sounds like a really neat idea. Gamebase will become a collaborative work of the Gb community.! :D
Just in case you didn't notice: J2005C wrote "a project", not "the project". :wink:
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:32 pm

Yes. Thank you for pointing out that distinction. The mereger tool (BAC) is for individual projects, not for the GameBase Collection. We, as team members, will use it internally, but we will still be acting as filters before adding info, games, etc. into the GBC.
-J2010C-
Gu

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:26 pm

J2003C wrote:Yes. Thank you for pointing out that distinction. The mereger tool (BAC) is for individual projects, not for the GameBase Collection. We, as team members, will use it internally, but we will still be acting as filters before adding info, games, etc. into the GBC.
I understand by reference what you mean. I didn't expect Gb users having direct access to the database to make changes etc.
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:18 pm

J2003C wrote:James Burrows, the creator of the GB Frontend, is currently working on a program to do just this sort of thing. I'm not sure how long it will take to complete, but I have tested the early alpha version (just an interface and field selection tool right now). But this is what a lot of people have been waiting for. It will allow people like you to preserve their settings from the Personal tab in GB, and it will allow people to work in parallel on a project using multiple databases and then merge them together.
will this tool also preserve settings from the extras tab, such as cover scans and docs that i've added manually??
Gu

Maybe

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:16 pm

Probably at some point, but might not be in the first version!

Return to “GB64 Help!”