Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Import Games

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

nicole

Import Games

Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:30 am

Hi, i hope somone answers my (i guess) dump questions.

I have many roms but i don´t get them into gb64. ok, i can import them one by one, but how do i get all of them into it? the roms are in a dir called roms/
in the subdirs are dirs named a/, b/,...z/ gb64 don´t recognize them even if i chose the path. i tried to give the path roms/, i tried to give roms/a/ but nothing worked.
after that i thought the filenames could be wrong and use TIM from tosec to gename them all. but the problem stayed the same.
so:
what path should i choose?
how can i import .dat files from TIM (tosec) into gb64 (and will the data in gb64 overwritten?)?
is it ok to let TIM rename all files?
does someone have a nearly complete collection of all games listed in gb64 or tosec?

i know, those are many questions, but i get at least one answered :)
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:13 am

GB64 will only recognise a game is there if the zip file for it is the name listed in the bottom left hand corner of the interface. Best off just finding the ISO for the game files we have put together for the interface and using them.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
nicole

Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:36 pm

Thanx for your answer.
Is the complete collection illegal, or why are there no sites to download the complete archive?
emule an bittorrent dont have enough people who share the gb64collection.
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:44 am

Yeah pretty much for the reasons you stated. File sharing is generally the only way to get it unless you find someone who's nice enough to burn the CDs for you.
j
j

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:23 pm

mayhem,

Is it possible to use any of the roms listed on arnold in the gb64 frontend without renaming them one by one or do you have to d/l the full gb64 iso. I had an old version of the gb64 frontend and it was working ok with the full blast collection then i updated deleted my original copy and realised it didn't work with the blast collection anymore :cry: since I have been running games through winvice :x

j
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:02 pm

No, we switched over from that ages ago. The current CDs are the only way to go now.
j
j

Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:09 pm

ok, thanks for your help

:) j

Return to “GB64 Help!”