Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

verifing game paths...

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Pe
PeeknPoke_Lee

verifing game paths...

Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:03 pm

Hi all!
hi to John and James!!! :)
Just been playing around with gamebase but I cannot set the games/music/pics up.

Ive shown GB the directories they are in but when I go to verify the paths it says there are no games there.

what have I done wrong! Ive sent GB up, started a new database with the toolbox but no fun!

im crap me

Lee
graveyardjohn
GB64 Team

Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:10 pm

Alright Lee!

Good to meet you and Debbie over the weekend. Hope the journey home wasn't too painful.

The problem you've had may be this....
>Ive sent GB up, started a new database with the toolbox but no fun!
It sounds like you may be trying to validate the files against a brand new empty database.

* I guess you've already run gbv095_setup_full.exe to get the front-end going.
* After that, you need to install gb64v01.exe, which is the gamebase database itself - this needs to go into the folder you installed gamebase into.
* When you next run Gamebase.exe, it picks up the gamebase64 database - the GEMUS scripter pops up and you set up your emulators.
* Then you should go to 'Tools / Paths' and put your paths in (eg for games, if all the folders a,b,c etc are all in c:\games\, put this path in) before pressing Verify Files.

Give that a try, and see what happens. There is further info when you install gb64v01.exe which may help more.

Let us know how you get on.

John
*GB64 Team Member*
*Mame Cab Owner*
*Should get out more*
Pe
PeeknPoke Lee

Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:13 am

that is true,I am real shit
*must remember to read instructions but Im still tired from traveling...forgive me!!!*

Cheers John!

Fab night by the way, Now I am going to play loads of c64 games all day (no work today)

thanks again!

Lee
rainbird

Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:21 pm

Hehe, I had the same problem, but no more.

cheeers :D

Return to “GB64 Help!”