Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Script Files VS GEMUS Script?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

jclampy

Script Files VS GEMUS Script?

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:26 am

Can somebody please explain to me the difference between 'Script Files' and 'GEMUS Script' under 'emulator properties'?

There is alot of information regarding 'GEMUS Script' and how to use it. But I haven't found anything about 'Script Files'.

Am I right in thinking 'GEMUS Script' is the 'last part of the equation' for Gamebase sending/launcher information to an emulator? IE; Whatever is in the 'GEMUS Script' will overwrite any previous settings.

If so I guess 'Script Files' would be an emulator's default settings or config file that is used as a foundation for minor/specific adjustments via the 'GEMUS Script'?

Even if my assumptions are correct so far, I still don't quite understand how 'Script Files' relates to Gamebase. Is that just a 'holding spot', like for viewing purposes, or does Gamebase really 'action' something with it? If it is actioned then how exactly? Because it is not incorporated in the command line launcher? right?

Is it like this?

Code: Select all

Emulator -> internally loads 'Script File'
so (in a round'about way of speaking),

Code: Select all

Gamebase -> Emulator (internally loads 'Script File') -> 'GEMUS Script' adjustments -> Game Launchers.
That would make the 'Script Files' in 'emulator properties' just a placeholder then? Just to signify to users that that file is where the emulator stores it's 'default' settings.

Am I right?
:?:
jclampy

Fri May 03, 2013 6:32 am

lily2015 is posting spam :!:

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”