Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Inputs always changing

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Lazy Jones

Inputs always changing

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:33 am

I am running Gamebase64 with CCS64 3.9.

Whenever I run a new game, the input control settings always reset. All other settings are remembered. When I run CCS by itself the control ports are fine when loading a new game.

Is there anyway of loading a new game from GB64 into the same CCS64 rather than having a new instance of CCS64 loading each time?
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Is it just the joystick/controller settings that are a problem? I always have to do this with Vice too. In the Scripts folder under the C64 Gamebase, open the CCS64.TXT file, and look for the following lines (near the middle of file):
;Replace * with <DISABLED> to disable the automatic settings for the JoyPorts
If %gamefile% CONTAINS(*)
Change it as told to:
;Replace * with <DISABLED> to disable the automatic settings for the JoyPorts
If %gamefile% CONTAINS(<DISABLED>)
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:25 am

In VICE you can make it save settings on exit... Not sure if the same is true in recent versions of CCS
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Yes, but the Gamebase script will overwrite those settings, which will then get saved when you exit. I got tired of always having to set my controller so I made the same change to the WinVICE script.
Fiery Phoenix
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:10 pm

I too am having the same problem with VICE in GB64. When run independently from GB64, the setings save, but not in GB64

Everytime I start a new game in GB64 the controller setting is defaulted to none. Even though I select my joypad and tick save settings on exit.

How do I make sure it saves?

The above is not too clear - don't want to make a hash of it. Something in the script I have to amend?
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:14 pm

the script configures the Joystick settings.
this overrides all the users settings.

press F2 from gamebase.
in the right hand side window (Global settings) enter the options you want.

use YES or NO

RealJoystick1=yes
RealJoystick2=yes

if that doesn't do what you want
change this to NO

JoystickAutoConfig=yes

Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:06 pm

.mad. wrote:JoystickAutoConfig=yes
That option works nicely for me. It is good if you have VICE preconfigured for a specific controller. I noticed it had been added when V9 came out.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
Fiery Phoenix
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:58 pm

.mad. wrote:the script configures the Joystick settings.
this overrides all the users settings.

press F2 from gamebase.
in the right hand side window (Global settings) enter the options you want.

use YES or NO

RealJoystick1=yes
RealJoystick2=yes

if that doesn't do what you want
change this to NO

JoystickAutoConfig=yes

First part did not work I am afriad - unable to locate the JoystickAutoConfig wording when I press F2. Am I looking in the right place? Or do I need to add this into the script?

I do have 3 controllers set up to my PC at the mo - how will it know which to select?
Fiery Phoenix
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Found this on Lemon 64 and worked a treat in case anyone else runs into the same problem

I figured out what my problem was. In case someone else should run into this problem, here is the solution:

Load up Gamebase 64.

At the top of the Gamebase 64 screen is the toolbar (File, Edit, View, GEMUS, etc.). Choose the GEMUS option.

Under GEMUS choose WinVice (this may have a number 1 next to it if this is the first emulator you set up). The choose WinVice option assumes that you have WinVice installed on your computer.

You are now on the Emulator Properties... screen. You will see Emulator Name, Emulator Path\Filename, GEMUS Script, and Supported Native File types. Choose the GEMUS script option.

Under the Gemus Script will be a button that says Load. Push this. This will load up a set of txt files that Gamebase has for emulators. Choose the default.txt option. Click Load to load that option.

Hit OK on the Emulator Properties... screen.

Thats it! Now whenever you exit VICE from the Gamebase emulator, it will save your joystick settings. I originally used the WinVice.txt option, which is why the unwanted joystick settings loaded every time. Of course, if that is what you want, go for it. But I prefer to use a gamepad.
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:20 pm

I don't think the JoystickAutoConfig was there until v9, as I don't remember seeing if before, but when you press F2, it should be among the default options in the right hand window. The ones you want need to be moved to the left side, semicolon removed, and saved.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
Sinned

Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:58 pm

great, the f2 option worked for me...
that other option, doesn't seems to work right, because the script has been updated and that specific lines arn't there anymore....

what joystick are u guys using??
i'm using the speedlink usb...looks like the old ones and you can pull it like hell, for in combat school or wintergames...you know what i mean?..
try doing that with a d-pad controller :P

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”