Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GameBase64 Browser compatibility?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

zoragon

GameBase64 Browser compatibility?

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:33 am

Hey guys

In the next few months I will be getting a new iMac for my primary machine. The one I have now is almost 7 years old and I think its time for a update. :D

Anyways, one of the first things I looked into is games, more specifically 8 and 16 bit games as those are my favourite consoles. I have been using Gamebase on my Windows machine for over a year but just came across this forum a few days ago while searching for a simple frontend that does the job on the Mac side like Gamebase does on the Windows side. I finally came across GameBase64 Browser for the Mac and by the screenshots, I really like it! It looks sleek but also very simple in design (nothing too flashy like other front ends). So here's my question. Does GameBase64 Browser support any other Gamebases other than the Commodore 64? By its name, the developer website, and the screen shots provided, it leads me to believe that it only works with the Commodore 64. Can I use the software for GameBases such as NES, SNES etc.? I would really like to this of this software as my one-stop shop for everything retro that I own, but do I need to look somewhere else? Thanks. :)
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:51 am

I had never heard of it before. Looking at the web page for it though, it does appear to be just for the C64 Gamebase, but is open source, so it could possibly be ported to other Gamebases. There is an email contact link at the top of the page if you would like to ask the author directly about it.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”