Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Transfer from gamebase to real hardware, possible?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Transfer from gamebase to real hardware, possible?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:58 am

I use a wonderful little utility that allows my PC to act as a disk drive for my old Atari 8 bit computer, it does this via a USB lead and a frontend. Is there anyway the utility could be sent to by Gamebase,

It would be the ultimate connection, brilliant gamebase already out there sending to the real hardware.

Anyone?
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Most close to what you want is GBXfer.

Needed hardware is a 1541 drive, an XM1541, XA1541 or Zoomfloppy cable and a PC running Win2000/XP/Vista/7.

Software you need is OpenCBM, the GBXfer script and a few tools that are probably already somewhere on your system.

Once configured, you can write almost every game to disk by selecting it in the GameBase frontend, right click the Play Game button and choose Transfer to real disk.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 am

K.C. wrote:Most close to what you want is GBXfer.

Needed hardware is a 1541 drive, an XM1541, XA1541 or Zoomfloppy cable and a PC running Win2000/XP/Vista/7.

Software you need is OpenCBM, the GBXfer script and a few tools that are probably already somewhere on your system.

Once configured, you can write almost every game to disk by selecting it in the GameBase frontend, right click the Play Game button and choose Transfer to real disk.
Sounds great, I wonder if there's a SD card version rather than real 5-1/4?
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”