Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Help on using database

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

dataset

Help on using database

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:14 pm

HI all. Im using Linux (Debian) and using jgamebase (the one based on java).
I have one folder with some games (about 50), and previously installed C64lite database wich comes with a database of 426 games...
I added the folder on wich i have my games in .zip format to jgamebase... didnt add no screenshots, music whatsoever, since as for now i only want to make it work and play some games. The emulator installed is VICE.
Tried the option that says "verify available files" and it doesnt detect any of the games that i have, even though i have some of the games that come on this C64lite list.
Am i missing something ? Do i need to install another database ? Is it a problem with filenames ?
Thank you very much for any help and sorry if my english isnt too clear.
Cheers !
Last edited by dataset on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dataset

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Added another folder with 15.000+ games, theyre all zipped, and using the same database (C64lite) no games are detected....
Dl gamebase64 games pack and came to the conclusion that jgamebase only detects games that are inside /home/my_user_name/.jgamebase
Had to install gb64v07.exe via WINE, exported database folder to /home/my_user_name/.jgamebase
That way the games (not all...still missing about 10% of them) and the screenshots worked, but still had to maintain directory structure. For example:/home/my_user_name/.jgamebase/GBC_v07/Games and inside /Games keep the alphabetic directory order with folders like /0 , /a1 , /a2 , /b1 , /b2 , /c1 , /c2 .... and so on.
Hope this helps someone using Linux and jGameBase.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”