Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Confused about Gamebase Database

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

cgcmgr

Confused about Gamebase Database

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Hey Guys,

Can someone help me get a better understanding of the Gamebase database? I was under the assumption that when downloading the Gamebase database I was also downloading the games. Everytime I set the Games path to the Gamebase database and verify files I get that 21000 of 21000 games are not found and the Play Game tab becomes greyed out. However, If I choose add a game and select a game I have previously downloaded that game is added to the database and I can click on it, then click on play game and the game loads in Vice.

So I now assume the games are not dowloaded (just the database listing, no games) and I would have to download them manually. Is this correct?

Thanks and sorry for the earlier similiar post,

Chris
Lent out 2 Commodore 64 Systems to friends years back and never got them back.....I can deal with not having the system, but I miss my games! LESSON LEARNED!
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Yes, that's correct. The database is only the database, not the games themselves. You'll need to find a torrent for all of them, or you can download them singularly from the pages on this site.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”