Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Unzipping-rezipping question

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Perseid

Unzipping-rezipping question

Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:29 am

I'm not sure if I'm being dense or not. If I am, I'm sorry. Anyway, here goes...

I'm still on my project of making WinUAE work in Gamebase and it's coming along pretty well, but I'm having problems setting up the disks correctly.

Right now I have all of the disks for each game compressed into one ZIP file. This is fine for Gamebase as it will unzip to a temp directory and run from there. The problem comes when I try to run these games in UAE without Gamebase - it wants each disk ZIPped separately. If I do that, though, Gamebase will not insert any disks beyond the first. Is there any way around this besides using Run_Program on a batch file? I could probably make that work but it would be kind of hokey.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:16 pm

I guess I don't see the problem. If you have it working through GameBase, then why would I want to make it work without GameBase? I guess you want flexibility, but every emulator is different, so it is nearly impossible to have it work for all of them.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”