Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GB Zipping and Re-Zipping doesnt create Sub-directories

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Sharky

GB Zipping and Re-Zipping doesnt create Sub-directories

Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:29 am

As I run just about anything on Gamebase ive noticed when the game is temporialy unzipped into the GBGAME/REZIP folder it doesnt create the sub-folders that might be within the zip file itself.

I successfully run a lot of old DOS games using the DOSBox emulator expect for the DOS Games that require Sub-folders to be created.

Is there anyway around this? :?
Thank-You for reading my post.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:31 pm

This is a very important feature that needs to be added in the next GB release. Since the unzip routine is internal to GB, there is no way for you to get around it (that I can find). In the future, the unzip routine needs to unzip using folder names (this is probably just a flag setting). Without this feature, I can see how many DOS or Windows games cannot be archived in a Zip.
-J2010C-
Sharky

Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:09 am

J2003C wrote:This is a very important feature that needs to be added in the next GB release. Since the unzip routine is internal to GB, there is no way for you to get around it (that I can find). In the future, the unzip routine needs to unzip using folder names (this is probably just a flag setting). Without this feature, I can see how many DOS or Windows games cannot be archived in a Zip.
Yes I could see the zipping and unzipping was internal, and im sure its just a missing simple flag setting.
WHen this is fixed it would be perfect as after that I'll be able to run absolutly anything!

Which I do believe the GB Team is on well-earned GB-free holiday at the moment, which i perfectly understand. :)
Thank-You for reading my post.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”