Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Default GEMUS Script Fields

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Perseid

Default GEMUS Script Fields

Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:46 am

I'm trying to set up WinUAE in Gamebase and I'm almost done, but the program doesn't seem to use what I put in the Default GEMUS Script Fields box. I have to manually copy the key pairs into each game, which is a pain. Is this by design or did I find a bug?
Gu

Not sure

Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:57 am

It should work, but your report is very vague... could you provide some more info on what I can do to reproduce the problem?
Perseid

Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:36 am

Sorry. I was in a hurry. :)

Ok. I have a script that modifies a .UAE file, as WinUAE doesn't use command-line options. I have 15 or so of these in the Default GEMUS Script Fields box. If I have my script try to use these, it doesn't seem to see them. I have to copy them into the F2 box. Only then can my script find the values.
Gu

Ah...

Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:48 am

ok I think I see now...

The Default GEMUS SCript fields window was originally put in GB for use with the Test Game button in the game file selector window. This was so that when adding new games you wouldn't have to constantly keep changing all the fields to find out what best made a game work with a particular emulator.

As such, it wasn't designed to be used when running games normally through GB (yes I know the docs on this are non-existent - and I'll be sure to add some to clarify this issue in the next GB version).

What you *could* do, is embed the default script fields in the GEMUS script itself (so the default values get used directly in the script - no need to store them somewhere seperately). Then if a game uses *different* values store them in the F2 window for that game. Then you can do a simple test in the script on whether to use the default values or not.

E.g.:

In the F2 window for "Blood Money":

custom=yes
kickstart=1.3
mem=512

Then your GEMUS script might look something like this:

If Key_custom CONTAINS(yes)
; ...
; use per-game key=value pairs here
; ...
Else
; ...