Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

The frontend doesn't find the games

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

nk
nker

The frontend doesn't find the games

Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:04 am

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem: after setting the path to my games directory and downloading games from th GB64 site, I hit "verify available games" and it doesn't find anything. I have to link the name of the game to the zip file manually. Am I doing something wrong?
Anyway, thanks for the great work.
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:59 am

I think you have to double click the location where you want it to look, not just single click on the directory. Trying to remember as James helped me through setting it up a couple of weeks back :roll:
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Ja
Jael75

Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:55 pm

The File Finder tool is looking under the according sub-directory letters (0, a, b1, b2, etc.) just as it is set up at the nostalgia.pl game directories. Otherwise you'd have up to 15,800 files in the same directory, so it's a good idea to keep it organized like that. You just have to make sure you put the zip's in the right sub-folders, just like they are set up on the server.

If there's a different way of handling this, I'm not aware of it.
Jael
Gu

Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:00 pm

I did what you say Jael but a lot of games are still missing in the frontend. But it's better than having none. I'll see what I can do.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”