Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Mac version

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

PW
PWA.

Mac version

Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:27 am

Would there be any interest in a Mac version of GB64? I have 90% of it going, so if it's worthwhile I'll release it - as long as that is OK with the GB64 people of course. It doesn't use the Access DB, I use CSV files and convert those to a quicker format on the first run if the other format is not available.

Is this OK to do? Anyone interested? I should have something fairly reasonable ready soon (within 24hrs hopefully!). It's not 100% identical as I've never really used the PC version - hehe. But I can fix things up and add to it :)

It works with Power64 and will hopefully work with Vice (waiting to find out now) and Frodo.

(P.S. I did register, just not got my confirmation yet :) no worries)
PW
PWA.

Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:02 am

Here's a pic: :D

Gu

Cool

Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:59 am

Hi there!

Wow... looks good! :)

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Mac to test it and give you some feedback... maybe some other members of the GB64 team do...?

The screenshot looks great. How do you plan on releasing it? Do you have your own website for it, or would you need us to host the frontend download? Our bandwidth usage here is quite high so we'd prefer it if you would host the actual download file(s), but we'd certainly promote in here on gb64.com (once someone from the team has had a look at it).

So, do any of the GB64 team have access to a Mac with which to test it on?
Gu

Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:14 pm

Hi, thanks for the feedback! :)

I can host the download (as long as it doesn't chew up so much bandwidth that my hosting co. gets annoyed :) ) and it will make it easier for me to update it that way as well.

I'll keep bashing away at it today and see where I get to :)
Markus
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: Mac version

Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:32 pm

looks nice... unfortunately i don't own a mac but well done!!!!11
J2003C
GB64 Team

Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:30 pm

Looks really good! Having the publisher and year always displayed is a feature that many of us would like to have always displayed, as your version does. I was wondering if it was fully functional for adding/editing the data as well or just a display/launcher program?
-J2010C-
PW
PWA.

Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:36 pm

At the moment it is just a displayer/launcher. I still need to add filtering of some sort. It'd be good to be able to edit ratings so you can hide stuff that you're really not interested in, so I'll probably add that too.
Dohi

Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:44 pm

it looks better than the original :P
Webmaster of THE ORIGINAL Commodore 64 H.Q. - http://c64.hardwired.hu
PW
PWA.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:30 am

I just updated the screenshot above - hit refresh (or ctrl-F5 in IE etc if it doesn't show up). Not too different, but now has a music tab that lets you launch a sidplayer and view the composer piccy :)

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments btw :) I still need to add filtering and some sort of rating thing but it's now a new working week, so things may slow down a bit :(

If any of the GB64 Team have access to a Mac and want to test it out let me know and I'll set something up somehow (can't PM you though as my registration hasn't arrived, I gather it's a bit broken at the mo).

I gather that the rating field is not filled in except for "classic" games? Why isn't Monty On The Run a classic?? Sheez! :wink: hehe
Paul

YAY!

Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:49 am

Yay! I've registered an account now! :) Still plugging away at the Mac port - hopefully have something near done toward the weekend.

If any of the GB64 Team have access to a Mac and want to have a perve at it let me know :)
Ph
Phil T

OSX

Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:56 pm

Please, please, please let me know when this will be ready as I am an OSX user!!!!
philturcio

Testing with OSX

Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:05 pm

I can definitely test it with OSX.2 - I own Power 64 -
Just let me know where I can download it -
It would be a dream to have this running on my Mac!!!! :shock:
Paul

Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:45 pm

Hi guys,

It's nearly ready now! I just need to slap up a page etc.

I'll need to get permission from one of the gb64 team before I can offer a download though...
philturcio

osx

Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:08 pm

I'm very excited about this !!!
Please keep me posted :lol:
Paul

Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:37 am

I've set up a page for it now and I have asked James to check it out and see if any GB64 Team members can test the app, so hopefully it won't be too far away now... :)

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”